Home run hire

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tim Juice
      Ute Fan
      @timjuice83

I’m not in the “fire Whitt” camp just quite yet, but these last few weeks have definitely led to me questioning everything. I don’t think we’re even close to being low enough to let Whitt go for some up and comer. But, question for the board, what “home run” hire would you be okay with replacing Whitt for? Only one I can think of this very moment is Chip Kelly, and that’s even questionable. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Dan Mullen but he ain’t leaving Miss St. Chip Kelly? Please, I don’t want sanctions. 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Dan Mullen makes almost $5m per year. Crazy.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Utah’s best bet would be to hire a HC from a G5 school that has shown success. I don’t know much about Scott Frost, but he would be one example. He’s got UCF looking pretty good.

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

He was a pretty good OC at Oregon.

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

Looks like Frost is lined up to go to his alma mater, Nebraska, when they fire Reilly.

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

Yeah, the timing wouldn’t work for Utah. I was just using him as an example of the type of up-and-coming coach Utah eventually needs to hire.

darklightning
      Ute Fan
      @darklightning

Lane Kiffin! 😂

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Bryan Harsin ~Potato State

Scott Frost ~UCF
      Bill Bedenbaugh (oc) ~Oklahoma
      Sonny Cumbie (oc) ~TCU
      Jason Candle ~Toledo
      Joe Rudolph (ahc) ~Wisconsin
      The real question is who’s going to be available in ’20-’21?

GorillaMask
      Ute Fan
      @gorillamask

Mike McCoy

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

He is currently the Denever Donkeys OC. He has zero experience in College so recruiting experience is Zero. He could probably pick that skill up with promises of teaching NFL principles and continuing the tradition of sending players to the nfl from Utah. 

The Denever offense however is not very good. One of the worst in the nfl right now. You could blame this on the talent available but good hell it is awful offense. His stay in San Diego also wasn’t great running everything. My inner Ute says this sounds like a good idea hero to all fans. Can’t help thinking of what TDS has done to Detmer. They have ruined their Heisman. Maybe he fails somewhere else and doesn’t damage his image among fans. But you definitely damage his image with what you got going on down there now. They have destroyed their Heisman. 

GorillaMask
          Ute Fan
          @gorillamask

McCoys offense in Denver was #4 in the entire NFL in 2012. They led the league in rushing in 2011. In 2010 Denver was 7th in passing in the NFL, and even Kyle Ortiz had career year numbers under him in 2009.  

There’s a slight difference between a guy who’s been an OC and QB coach for over a decade and an NFL head coach for 4 years versus a guy who coached 7 on 7 high school football… 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Chargers were s**t under his reign and he even p**sed off Weddle. Just saying his resume isn’t all that great. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Home run hire