Honest opinion from the Ducks on the Utes

Viewing 5 reply threads

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

Found this really in-depth read where a Duck fan speaks with a fan or rep of each future opponent and breaks down the team. Honestly, it’s helped me not drink too much red kool-aid for this next season but is still a really good analysis of our current state Utes.
      Ducks opinion of Utes

3 4

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I’m happy they were honest.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Very fair analysis, thanks for posting!

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Good analysis, though, I would have liked more their opinions on how formidable they’ll be and maybe some predictions. 

While, I don’t view the transfer’s coming in as something concerning or an “unknown”, I appreciate that this is how neutral 3rd parties will view it.  That Utah has a lot of question marks and is a wait and see. That said, I’m expecting an excellent year for the Utes.

5 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I’m not surprised that fans of other teams can see that our offensive line has been bad for years. Harding needs to go if this year’s line isn’t significantly better than the last iteration.

I too am wondering how the new QB will perform when they can’t pass without dodging defenders first.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

I don’t think it’s a secret that to beat Utah you need to stack the line, slow the run game and make us beat you with the throwing game.  Sometimes we get away with that because we can still overpower the weaker teams, but when we play superior talent (USC, Oregon, Texas) that plan works and we get beat.  I wonder if Brewer’s actual ability to pass will help negate this strategy against us.  Time will tell.

Show15time
          Ute Fan
          @show15time

Can’t really count the Texas game. 

3 1

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Duck and Ute guys did a solid job outlining the Ute Oline being a major concern now and over the past several years. Some brutal dialogue regarding the missed block on Rising’s injury among other things. Until Utah’s Oline can perform against USC, ASU, and OU, these games are sure losses. Only hope is if some of the Frosh from last season improve and step up.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Honest opinion from the Ducks on the Utes