Honest question. How does the TDS even score?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Our D line is not going to be pushed off the ball.  Our secondary is NFL level.  What makes people think they will ever cross the 50-yard line?  They have a scrawny QB who has crumbled playing against every decent team they have played.

Unless we turn the ball over I see this game being a complete beat down.  Like 45 – 0.

Richie_Rich
      Ute Fan
      @teampendarvis

Whatever you’re drinking, save me some…

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

I rewatched last year’s game last night and Wilson wasH really good against our Defense. They have a strong offensive line that will likely not be dominated by our D-Line, though I believe our D-line will wear them out by the 4th quarter. Even if they can’t run the ball, I still expect Wilson to be able to put up 2 TD’s – perhaps by trying to exploit an unproven LB corps. If they are able to run the ball at all, they may get up to 21 points. On the other hand, I expect our offense to be solid, not great. But good enough to get us to 30 points. We do that, we win.

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

They had success last year when we turned the ball over (muffed punt they turned into a TD), when Wilson got the ball down the field to the Tight Ends (Holker is gone, but Bushman is their best offensive weapon), and when Wilson broke the pocket and was able to scramble.

If we don’t turn the ball over, minimize explosive plays to Bushman, and contain Wilson it could be a 45-0 type of game.

Personally I think it’s going to be something more like 38-13, with them putting together a drive or two in the fourth quarter well after the game has been decided.

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

We had no tape on Wilson and the offense with him last year.  This game is going to be an ugly beat down unless as you said we turn the ball over and gift them points.  

Bushman is an excellent TE.  We aren’t going to be beaten by an average QB and a TE.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I keep going back and forth with this as well. If we played like we did vs UW, they won’t score at all. They won’t sniff the end zone. 

If we turn the ball over like we did vs Northwestern or BYU, they will score. 

This won’t be a “throw it all over the field” type of game. Both OC’s will run, run, run, and punt and wait for the other team to wear down or make a mistake. 

I see a 10-7 type halftime score, a 21-14 end of third quarter score and a 35-17 final score for Utah if there are no or even TO’s. 

If Utah has more TO’s, it will be an ugly 20-19 type game. If BYU commits more TO’s it will be a 54-10 type game. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Their offense is better than most Utah fans want to admit. They’ll score a few points, on the order of 14 I’m thinking.

They know they don’t have the receivers to stretch us vertically. They don’t have the size, speed, and hands. So expect the “dink and dunk short passes for 3 yards”-type offense. The old Indianapolis Colts gameplan. I expect Wilson will finish with a high completion percentage but low yardage. The only way we’ll get beat in the passing game is if we can’t tackle. YAC will be BYU-P’s only chance to break a big play. I don’t expect they’ll run the ball well on us. I’d set the over/under at 75 yards.

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

^this

look for the zoobs to attack the LB’s with dink and dunks. We’ll see very quickly if the LB’s is up to snuff.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

FYI, I thought similarly last year and yet we were down 20-0 at halftime.  BYU-p has some talent, especially on the offensive line.  They will find a way to score some points, but our O should be much better than last year.  I trust our O against their D and feel our D has a pretty big advantage against their O.  I think we will win by 10-14 with the final score being around 35-21.  And ZW was a true freshman last year, he is better than you’re giving him credit for.

4 1

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I would not put too much stock in last year’s game. We didn’t show up until the second half. Credit BYU, as usual, for coming out with guns ablazing, but they had 20 days to prepare for that game and it showed. They were prepared and ready to go. 

Utah was not. Utah had just come off a win that won them the south. They had a short week ahead to prep for UW (UW had more prep time than Utah). Utah was 100% looking ahead and it showed in the BYU game and in the UW game. We played BYU as badly as you could and UW and amazingly as you could. 

We won’t be looking ahead to NIU this week. 

The Holy Cougar
      Ute Fan
      @theholycougar

Is this serious? If so you are delusional. Even Jake Heaps led BYU teams scored some points on you guys. 

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Honest question. How does the TDS even score?