How is Seattle in November?

Viewing 3 reply threads

LVUte
      Ute Fan
      @texute

I just booked two cheap flight tickets with the Frontier sale last night for San Antone to Seattle. I’ll wait a minute to tell the wife what else is going on that weekend at husky stadium.

I’ve been to Portland long long ago, but never Seattle. If any of yall would enlighten me on the area in November I’d be appreciative. Also, for those who’ve been to husky stadium, where’s best place to sit? Visitors section? Next step is finding decent tickets to the game. 

I’m sure I’ll be hitting yall up again about the trip when it gets closer, just a bit excited to see our boys play in person again, its been awhile. Miss those days going to a few each year and the occasional bowl game. I’ve got Alamo bowl tickets for the last 5 years here in Texas, but we still haven’t made that high of a bowl game. It’d be okay if it was because we we were busy picking up roses though. 

May be a rebuild year, but who the hell really knows, its college football and its always a good day to be a UTE!

shakeitsugaree
      Ute Fan
      @shakeitsugaree

I lived in Seattle for three years; it’s a great city, so long as you know a few things.

The traffic is gawd-awful. If possible, stay downtown or in the U district (close to UW), so you don’t have to drive anywhere. Seriously.

The climate in Portland is similar to Seattle; it will be 45 degrees pretty much the whole time you’re there, day and night. It will rain, although, it (almost) never rains hard – more like a steady drizzle. It’s quite lovely for running/hiking! I would bring waterproof coats/pants/hats to the game, because odds are, you will get wet – and it’s just cold enough to make your dampness miserable.

Husky Stadium is gorgeous! It sits right on Lake Washington, and if I remember correctly, one can see Mt. Rainer on a clear day (which, it won’t be in November). Hubby and I sat pretty close on the 50 yrd line, and I’ve only been the one time, so I can’t offer any other seating advice, but it was a great environment! I went the last time Utah was in Seattle, so the UW faithful were less than enthused with the result 🙂

Seattle has amazing restaurants and bars. For the full ‘game day’ experience, you could hang out at pubs near the stadium – but those will be exactly what you think they will be – crazy, drunken, youthful debauchery. So, if you’re into that …

The area known as Capital Hill will have more grown up places to eat/drink – it’s across the water from the university, on the east side of I-5. The area directly south of Lake Union (called ‘South Lake Union’ unsurprisingly) also has lots of brunchy, small plates type of places to hang out. Hubby and I lived in a neighborhood called Eastlake and hung out at a place called the Eastlake Zoo. The Zoo is an acquired taste: no food, beer and wine only, cash only. If none of that bothers you, the people are friendly and it’s about a mile walk across the bridge to the stadium, so it’s pretty convenient.

Have a great time at the game – let’s hope you bring home the victory!!!

Cheers

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Not a local, or expert, but was recently there (late January, weather was a bit chilly but not much rain) and had some good beer at Fremont Brewery; also right near there is a quirky sculpture called the “Fremont Troll”.      Of course go down to Pike Place market; i had lunch at Lowells for the true touristy experience. Anyway, lots of good eateries and brew pubs in Seattle.   If you’re into Star Trek and/or the band Nirvana, check out the Pop Culture Museum by the Space Needle.

On a previous visit (summer) I rented a car, took a ferry over to Bainbridge Island, then Port Angeles, and explored a bit of Olympic National Park (it will take about 3 hr to get over there).

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

Take the bus to the Stadium.  You’ll be much happier getting in and out.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

The Link light rail runs all the way to UW now. That is also a great option. 

Milton Vanderslice
          Ute Fan
          @miltonvanderslice

Better, take that.  I didn’t know that was finished.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How is Seattle in November?