How many points per game should the offense score?

Viewing 9 reply threads

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

What would make you happy?

Seems to me with the way our defense and special teams play we would be unstoppable if our offense could score 31 points a game.  That wouldn’t even put us in the top 50!

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/27

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

We should score all the points.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Against most Pac 12 teams I would say in the 30-35 range. Against ND and SJ I would say in the 40’s. Against tds 100+ seems like a reasonable expectation. Although I’d guess at least 14-35 of those points should come from defense on turnovers.

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

I’d like to see an average in the high 30s. That should put us in the top 25 for ppg.

If we’re top 25 on offense and top 10 on defense, then it likely means a great season.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I think DE suggested 30.

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

I remember the same thing.  The link I provided has us scoring 29 a game.  That can’t be, right?

shakeitsugaree
          Ute Fan
          @shakeitsugaree

Interestingly enough, we averaged 29.8 pts/game last year – good for #60 out of 128 DI teams click me

So, not terrible, just not great when compared to the other teams in our conference, where our 29.8 points is good for #8 out of 12 (blech)

Here’s the crazy part: I was curious about our splits regarding in conference vs out of conference. We actually scored more points (on average) against teams in our conference (31.6) than we did against our OOC schedule (26). Maybe that TDS game really drug our OOC point average down?

Anyhow, I was shocked to learn that we (basically) averaged 30 pts/game last year. I think to be competitive in the Pac12 we need to shoot for 35 pts/game, and hopefully land somewhere in between.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I will be satisfied if we play in a lot less close games with teams we shouldn’t. If O keeps foot on gas and pulls away. I fully expect this to happen 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’d say I would like to score more than the opponent, however many that is.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

If we averaged 35 points per game, we’d be in the Rose Bowl or better. 

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

The minimum acceptable answer is 35 ppg. 

With the exception of Colorado last year, and I believe Stanford in the years they have won the division, the North and South champions have averaged 35 ppg or more every year since the Pac-10 became the Pac-12.

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

Every time in the red zone! 

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How many points per game should the offense score?