How to embed video and gifs?

Viewing 15 reply threads

3UteDad
      @3utedad

I’ve seen some of you have embedded gifs and videos from various sources. Could somebody give a simple primer on how to accomplish this? I tried doing a youtube video using embed code and it didn’t work and I didn’t find any straightforward explanation when I looked at wordpress support forums.

High Uintas
      Ute Fan
      @highuintas

I’m equally as baffled and what is the “code” button used for?

3UteDad
        @3utedad

It’s a secret code!

It would be helpful to get an explanation on each one of the buttons. Nothing comes up when you roll the cursor over. Maybe it’s a customization option that Tony hasn’t gotten to yet.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard
      The code button
      puts the lines of text
      into a code format to
      set it apart from the
      regular post like this

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/_i2-BMliKiY&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

I’m not sure if Tony@admin has allowed certain embed tags because of the threat of nasty exploits. Can’t blame him.

To put images or .gifs into your post, just use the [img] tag. Copy the link location of the actual image/.gif and then click the [img] tag and copy and paste.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

Testing…

nope, didn’t work. Tried to put a youtube link in under the [img] tag, but it didn’t work out.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Hockeybeard.
      • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Hockeybeard.

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

For youtube I just simply copy and paste the link straight into the text box. I don’t even use those buttons up top. For imgs and gifs I don’t use the buttons up top either. I upload my pics/gifs to imgur.com and then just copy and paste the url of the pic straight into the text box. The buttons above confuse me as well.

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

3UteDad
        @3utedad

test

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by 3UteDad.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

Huh…look at that. #SkynetIsReal

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

Wouldn’t it be AWESOME if you could just drag and drop .JPGS and .GIFS straight into the message?

High Uintas
      Ute Fan
      @highuintas

Seems to work for emoticon images as well.

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

So the image button above worked on this one, but it hasn’t on some others for me.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

In the little toolbar above the text field just click the “img” button. Then paste your image URL in there. The next window asks you for a description, which you don’t need if you don’t want.

3UteDad
        @3utedad

Do we need to worry about sizing the image or will the software handle that for us?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

When inserting images there is no need to worry about size. A simple line of code or two I put in makes the images friendly to devices of all sizes. Nice eh? Take a look at the home page on your phone or on your browser and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

That said it is best to paste images that are “web friendly” and not gigantic, to prevent the pages from loading very slowly.

Anonymous
      Inactive

How do you upload an image from your computer?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

How do you upload an image from your computer?

Image upload is not an option here currently. You can use an image service to store your images and link the image url here with the ‘img’ button in the text editor. Or are you talking about uploading an image for your user profile picture? If that’s the case, click your own name and you will to go your profile.

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site How To Use Ute Hub How to embed video and gifs?