How were your interactions with Ohio State fans?

Viewing 4 reply threads

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

I had some fun banter with the ones I sat by at the Rose Bowl. They didn’t know anything about Utah football and when I mentioned things like, “that’s our 3rd string RB who caught that TD and and he’s also playing CB,” or “this team if full of freshman and sophomores,” two of the guys literally looked at me stone-faced and said, “No, can’t be right.”

My actual seat neighbor was fun enough. He went full-on Rob Schneider Orgasm Man when Ohio State’s band marched into an Ohio double script – which was (umm…..) something.

I’d definitely say their style of condescension lacked the polish and artistry of say, Alabama fans. Like, when an Alabama fan blessed your heart in New Orleans, you at least felt seen. All-in-all I found OSU fans to be quite pedestrian. 

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

My favorite was the guy yelling “never any doubt” on his way out. We all know your sphincter was clinched for 90% of that game you douche.

MauchDawgUte
        Ute Fan
        @mauchdawgute

Another favorite heard at both the rose and sugar is the classic “how many national championships do you have?” Yeah cause we really had a chance in the WAC and MWC you idiots.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I only observed two OSU fans the entire day (other than just passing by). One was a college aged kid who was standing in line in front of me to enter the stadium. He was running his mouth the entire time, bringing up stuff like how Utah lost to a bad Texas team in the Alamo Bowl and that OSU doesn’t lose to teams like Utah. He was quite the douche. The other was an older guy with his young daughter that was sitting in our section. He was silent all game and seemed to just want to watch a good game. Of course, he was surrounded by Utah fans so he probably didn’t want to run his mouth too much anyway.

MauchDawgUte
        Ute Fan
        @mauchdawgute

Oh yeah I heard another say “we don’t lose to teams like Utah” as well. SMH

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Well, they haven’t yet.

Utecity
      Ute Fan
      @utecity

I had a good chat with an OSU fan while in line at one of the merch booths. He was really impressed with how well we traveled and wished us luck. My only other interaction was nearly being run over by a car with an OSU license plate cover on the golf course

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

We were in a hotel that wasn’t the OSU team hotel but was one of the OSU travel package hotels. Even with that, our interactions with OSU fans was limited. Those interactions that we did have were pleasant and we spoke mostly about the hotel, logistics and other things. The game didn’t really come up.

They didn’t even really say anything after they had won. From my interactions, I didn’t have any issues.

Honestly, if it’s not LSU, I cheer for anyone over the SEC and ANYONE over Alabama. So I don’t have much beef with OSU.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

That was my interaction with Ohio St fans as well.  They weren’t in-your-face either before, or after the game.  They didn’t seem “interested” in anything about “Utah”.  All they cared about was “Ohio St”.  I didn’t see many Buckeye fans in the stands where I was sitting.  It was significantly “Utah” there.  The only odd interaction I’d witnessed were the 4 Buckeye fans who were sitting right in front of me.  Shortly after Utah took a 14-0 1st-Qtr lead, they got up and left.  I just assumed they’d gone to the restroom.  Or maybe to the concession stands.  But nope.  They never came back.  They paid all that money to get to LA, and buy Rose Bowl tickets, but gave up on their team with still left on the 1st-Qtr clock.

I’ve seen people leave the stadium with 14-pt deficits before, but they were always halfway thru the 4th-Qtr.  Not the 1st-Qtr.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How were your interactions with Ohio State fans?