How will Kyle go out?

Viewing 7 reply threads

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Been a lot of great coaches that hang on too long and go out with an inglorious end. I really hope Kyle doesn’t do that. Would love to see him win a PAC 12 championship and a Rose Bowl. That said I fear his fire is gone. He looks tired and sounds somewhat disinterested- almost too business like.

Hope I am wrong.

utahsportsguy
      Ute Fan
      @utahsportsguy

agree 100%

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

My quick .02 cents on this topic. Don’t be too quick to judge Kyle on this season, just one year after the craziest football season in a century. I think last year is having an impact (which no one, including Whitt could have predicted) on this team!

5 7

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Unfortunately I think his best years are behind him. If he doesn’t retire after this year, I bet he’s done by 2023.

8 5

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I agree he looks tired….and he’s infecting the team with this. This has to be of of the most emotionally bland Utah teams I’ve seen.

You can tell he wants to retire, but we’ll see if he does this season. Truly an exceptional coach…but everyone needs to take a break eventually.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Uh, this team is quite young. Are we equating inexperience to Kyle “losing his edge?”

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Like everyone else it’s WAG what’s going on. Something hard to comprehend as it does seem different about the energy of the team and demeanor of KW. Could be situational or truly to the point where KW is ready to move on. Every coach runs his course and it’s not a job you can show up to work half heartedly. Team is going to feed off the energy of their leader and in the years of following our Utes for me back to the start of the Ron McBride era, this year KW seems different and a very talented, hard working team seems oddly disconnected. Not characteristics of a KW coached team. Again, maybe a early season funk in need of a slump buster victory to shake it out and blow the doors off the P12. 

KW has a phase out, sliding scale retirement clause as Special Assistant to the Athletics Director for up to eight years so KW will be actively involved with the program if he chooses after he retires if he leaves at the end of the 2024 season (if I read correctly, no gurantee there of course so please add your input if I missed details in translation). 

Hopefully the details of the Special Assistant position include a muzzle clause on any consultation of hiring Offensive Coordinators, game time offensive play calling, and input on calling plays in 4th down situations :). 

14 1

AllInUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @allinutefan

He needs a haircut and everything will be right again

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How will Kyle go out?