Who plays in Pac-12 CCG in this scenario

Viewing 1 reply thread

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Yes — tons of football left, but hypothetical: Utah wins out, Ucla wins out, Oregon’s only loss is to Utah.
      Utah has head to head over Oregon
      Ucla has head to head over Utah
      Oregon has head to head over UCLA

cj13
      Ute Fan
      @cjohnsen13

Since any of the three will have no other losses to conference opponents. It will depend on the Strength of Conference Record. Oregon misses USC and ASU, Utah misses Washington and Cal, and UCLA misses Oregon  St. and WSU. These two team pairs will be what to watch for because a combined Pac-12 record of each pair will determine who takes first (other pac-12 teams will have been played by all three members of the three team tie, so it will not help determine if Utah, UCLA, or Oregon has stronger Conference schedule). If Washington’s and Cal’s combined PAC-12 record is worse than the other two pairs of teams, Utah will get in because we missed those two teams and therefore our Conference Schedule will be tougher than Oregon’s and UCLA’s.

Once the first team is picked, it will be determined by head to head for second place. If UCLA takes first then we would have head to head over Oregon and would take second. So in the case of a three team tie with one loss each, we need to hope that USC and ASU doesn’t have the worse combined conference record as that would give Oregon first place and the Utes would be left out. It is pretty complicated.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

If we make it, out of the 3 potential opponents, I want a shot at UCLA again. I don’t think they’re that good. And I felt that way even after our loss, and before their loss to UO. I think we beat UCLA handily should we play them again.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Who plays in Pac-12 CCG in this scenario