How’s everyone feeling about our chances today?

Viewing 7 reply threads

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

If I’m being honest, I’m not liking the way this game is lining up. Wazzu just beat the stanford team that beat up on washington pretty good yesterday, it’s an afternoon home game, BYU won last night, I’ve got a ton of yard work to do that I’ve been putting off…feels like it’s setup to be a pretty crappy Saturday. Hopefully I’ll be surprised! 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Its on the defense to keep it close.  If they’re successful it will come down to the last possession.  If they struggle its going to be a long evening.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

We played Stanford to within 3 points and that was without Tyler Huntley.  Williams threw 2 terrible INTs and we gave up 1 huge run to Love, which ended up being the difference in the game.  Weve really only played 2 bad games this year so after getting our O together last week I like our chances today.  I would say its 50/50 and whoever has the fewest amount of TO’s will win the game.  We need a pass rush today though if we want a decent shot at slowing down their passing game.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

The transitive property never works in these situations. By that logic we had no business losing to Oregon who lost handily to ucla who we creamed. 

That said, this will be a tough test but I feel good about it. I painted my toenails turquoise, Utah didn’t shave, and Tony is going to the tailgate the guardsman way. 

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

Oh, I know.  My point was we have had two bad games all season and they were the two games for TH coming off an injury.  After last game he looks to be gaining that confidence back and I expect our O to continue to improve.

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

Agreed. I was responding to sweetness to encourage him/her. I think this team has a good shot. 

Sweetness
            Ute Fan
            @sweetness

ha, yeah from an on the field perspective I think it’s about 40% chance we win, but more it’s just a gut feeling I have that it’s going to be a crappy day. If the defense can rekindle a little bit of their magic and get a few turnovers and provide short fields for our offense, I think we have a great shot. I think it will be tough to run the ball much, but the offense should be able to manage 3-4 scoring drives, and then if we can get some big plays on defense or special teams I can see us getting up around 30-35 points, which I think will be enough. Defense hasn’t shown me it can do that though, so that is primarily where my doubt comes from. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Exactly. No U turns on 5th south.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Surprisingly, WSU run defense is one of the best in the country. Our chances in this game are dependent on how well we run the ball. If we can get the run game going, I really like our chances. If we can’t run the ball, we wil be in trouble. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

No idea if we’ll win or lose. But I’m excited to be there for another football game and cheer my team on, win or lose. We only get to do this 6 times a year – I feel like I’ve gotta love every minute.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Exactly.  I’ll be there until the clock strikes 0:00, no matter what.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’m just curious if anyone will be there. My entire FB feed this morning is made up of Utah fans selling their tickets. That’s worrisome, as this Waxzu team isn’t nearly as good on the road as they are at home. The crowd could play a big role if they get into it.

If we can force Falk into some mistakes, we’ll have a chance. If he has all day to throw without any pressure, it’s going to be a long day for the Utes.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

You need to make new friends.

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

These are all postings from people in Utah fan groups.

All my friends will be there. 🙂

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Season ticket holder here. I’ll be there til the end. 

Go Utes!

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

If Utah plays good, they win. If they play like October Utes, they lose. 

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football How’s everyone feeling about our chances today?