7 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

3 7

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

You should clarify your posts by adding, “WBB:” to the start of them.

1 1

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

Why?  It’s not like we start men’s basketball posts with “MBB” or football with “AFB” (American Football).

Italy88
          Ute Fan
          @itacoatiara22

Because WBB is….well, WBB.  I’d rather watch underwater basket weaving.  Great for the women’s team, but in MY opinion (and I would bet most sports fans), it isn’t fun to watch.  It is also a net negative in revenue, so there is that.

Guido
            Ute Fan
            @guidopescatore

Historically I would agree with you about WBB, but honestly the product the women are putting on the floor this year is great.  I mean sure – it’s fun to watch someone dunk the ball, but the men’s game – both pro and college – has turned into one of dribble the ball down the court, take a 3, miss, the opposing team takes the ball to the other end of the court, jacks up a 3, misses, and back and forth until someone actually hits.  And maybe sometimes you get someone playing isolation who will go straight to the rim and dunk it, but the game men’s game can be as boring to watch as women’s once was.  

Our women’s team this year plays tough.  They move the ball around.  They work to get good shots.  It really is team ball. I quickly went back and looked at the box scores from the games this year.  While Megan Huff is clearly our best player, we have had 5 ladies who have lead the team in scoring in different games, and most games see 3-5 players scoring in double figures.  It is a balanced game and, quite frankly, a lot more fun to watch than the tennis match MBB has become.  My wife and I like to have positive female role models for our youngest daughters, so for years we have purchased season tickets to Gymnastics.  We won tickets to a WBB game last year and had a great time, so we decided to purchase WBB season tickets this year.  They have loved going to the games and getting the chance to meet the players after every game, and they love to bring their friends.  Now if only I could get them to do a better job of heckling the refs…

Seriously, though, I understand your opinion about WBB, but if you have not seen the product that we are putting on the floor this year, you really need to attend a game or two.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

1 1

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Because there’s only one category for Basketball, and there are two entirely different teams being discussed. I’ve been confused several times by dystopia.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well I know Utah MBB doesn’t have a player named Huff. Sooooooooooo yeah easy to know it is WBB. 

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

And you know they aren’t a projected 6 seed in the tournament. LOL. 

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

That was even more obvious but I decided to say something on this second go around. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Women) Huff is Pac-12 Player of the Week