Huntley back for bowl game?

Viewing 6 reply threads
      7 3

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Whit says theres a good chance hes back for bowl game.  Good news.  I think Shelley will be a very good qb but hes not at THs level yet.  Huntley a much better passer right now and the offense was putting up 40+ with him in.  

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

Depends on the bowl game.  Would love to see everyone healthy enough to take some snaps but feeling plenty of love for the guys who just won us 3 great games in a row.

Anonymous
      Inactive

How much you wanna bet Shelley’s performance has “accelerated “ Tyler’s recuperation?  Good. That’s the way it should be. That said, take the time you need Tyler. Rushing it will not help you or the team. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Amen to this. Tyler’s thoughts should be on the bowl game in 2019…I mean 2020. 

If he can play in this year’s bowl game, great! But if it’s questionable, get ready for next year. We need him 100% next time we play BYU. 

Next year, we are playing for all the marbles. 8 games in the state of Utah, the easy cross division schedule, new QB’s at UW, ASU, Colorado and possibly UCLA and USC. 

Next year will be the best shot we have at greatness. 

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

its odd, because I think you can make the case that Shelley was both oustanding and subpar on Saturday night.  He played lights out against Colorado.  

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

He cashed in on the RedZone TT didn’t play to his strengths in the first half. Hard to take much away from the TDS game other than it was a cool comeback from him. 

9 1

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

Shelley deserves to play in the bowl game regardless of whether Huntley is ready to play. Shelley saved the season. 

1 2

Distantute
        Ute Fan
        @distantute

How did shelley save the season? Not being critical, but utah had won 4 straight and were making a big push against asu until he went out.  You make it sound like Huntley was awful.

6 1

javadave
          Ute Fan
          @javadave

I’m not convinced Huntley could have won the last three games without Moss. In my opinion, Shelley is a better player. He makes smarter decisions and doesn’t turn the ball over. 

Grayshirt
            Ute Fan
            @grayshirt

I’d like more data on him, but so far… I’m a Shelly lean.

32utahutes
      @32utahutes

Only way I want Huntley playing in the bowl game is if he starts practicing with the team right after the P12CCG. No way Shelley gets majority with 1’s and then Huntley plays.

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

I’ll bet my car that Shelly starts the bowl game

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Huntley back for bowl game?