Huntley’s Unsportmanlike Conduct Penalty

Viewing 6 reply threads

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

If I recall the rule correctly, it was the right call. To my recollection, players are not allowed to point to opposing players or the crowd in celebration like he did. That said, it is one of the dumbest rules in the game.

I thought Joe Williams was going to have one of his long TD runs against UCLA wiped out last year because he started pointing up to the Ute fans at about the 10 yard line on his way in. Luckily those refs didn’t flag him for it.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

It is a stupid rule. They should get rid of it, but keep the taunting penalty intact.

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

That rule should be very carefully applied. If I understand correctly he was pointing to his parents in the stands.

I understand the taunting part and it shouldn’t be allowed but under certain circumstances it is fine. The issue is how would you know?

1 1

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I read somewhere that Huntley pointed at his parents in the crowd at some time during the game – was it that moment? If so, he can be forgiven for being emotional at that point. I’m sure it won’t happen again.

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

ladyinred, you have a stalker.  No matter what you post, somebody thumbs down your post.  It has nothing to do with this thread, but it makes me laugh.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

That’s not even the rule. Pointing at the stands isn’t flaggable per se. What I think got him was the hop since he noticeably altered his stride. If that is the case his run should have been nullified, unless the ref felt the hop happened contemporaneously with the ball crossing the plane.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

The penalty probably was called only because the hop happened directly in front of an opposing player.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I don’t think the hop was it. I think it was the extended interaction with NEZ out the back of the endzone. It just went too long.

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

See that’s the problem with the penalty, we still don’t know and we’re still guessing and speculating that tells me what I thought at the time, very weak and at best very ticky tack.

But whatever it is what it is and I’m sure there’s a thread all about complaining about the refs.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Huntley’s Unsportmanlike Conduct Penalty