Huskie’s Basketball

Viewing 2 reply threads

pics
      Ute Fan
      @pics

Here’s an interesting article from our local newspaper that is very critical of Lorenzo Romar for offering Michael Porter’s father a job at $100,000 higher than any other Husky assistant and letting a very good coach go to make room for him. Porter was an assistant coach on the women’s team at Missouri and his claim to fame is his talented children.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/sports/columnists/jim-moore/2017/03/26/porter-mess-puts-huskies-others-shame/99668296/

The new coach, Hopkins, has had the entire recruiting class ask for releases from their commitments. I find the whole thing shocking, but I’m probably very naive about the whole recruiting process.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

The players leaving doesn’t seem to out of the norm, didn’t we pretty much experience the same thing? However, highering a top recruit’s dad isn’t something we see around our program.

pics
        Ute Fan
        @pics

no, not unusual, but I bet Hopkins was looking forward to a #1 recruiting class.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Michael Porter is going back to Mizzou with Cuonzo Martin. And not surprisingly, so is his son.

Great article, thanks for posting.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Is Michael Porter’s nickname “Sikorsky”?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Huskie’s Basketball