Hype

Viewing 6 reply threads

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

For those worried about too much hype, Herbstreit picked ASU to win the south over us. 

BigSmallUtesFan
      Ute Fan
      @bigsmallutesfan

Why? I don’t see why he sees that

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

Because Urban Meyer told him that was his pick. 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Not sure, but my guess is because he listed ASU as one of his surprise teams.

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

Surprise for ASU could mean 8-4.  Lots of folks have them sub .500.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

Can Jayden Daniels be enough as a true freshman? Really?

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

I’d love to hear the reasoning as well.  Their defense seemed to be about the middle of the pack.  Good, not great.  Losing Wilkins and replacing him with 175 pound freshman is not doing them any favors, and they won’t replace Harry’s production.  Benjamin can carry them on his back, but it’ll be pretty tough going if they ever get in a hole.  Weird pick, but maybe he’s not paying that much attention.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Same. This is my guess – with USC down, ASU is the safe pick based on brand recognition in the south and minimal information.

Herbie doesn’t seem to rock the boat much and always picks the biggest names until proven otherwise. The safest picks probably result in the best odds of picking accuracy, which is partly why he’s employed as an analyst. 

UM4G
      Ute Fan
      @um4g

ASU… my least favorite fan base in the PAC… on par with BYU fans in my book.

I don’t see it – scrawny freshman QB, and no N’Keal Harry to bail them out over and over. Only threat they have this year IMO is Eno Benjamin.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Herbie thinks Eno is going to carry the ball 50 times a game I guess. 

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

If he does that against Sparty, he’ll be lucky to play another game this season.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

ASU schedule is not very easy. Cal is going to have a quality defense. Wazzu has been pretty good as well. I think they beat Colorado and then drop the next three. 

Whitt is going to dismantle them and you know Huntley will be dialed in. 

eyesonU
            Ute Fan
            @eyesonu

I actually think their schedule lines up nicely. They miss Washington and Stanford and get Wazzu, USC, Oregon, and Arizona all at home. Their toughest conference road game is here in SLC.

Freshman QB not withstanding, they always seem to have good skill position guys. Benjamin will have to carry the load no doubt, but it would not surprise me if they have a WR emerge by mid-season.

Obviously all games are important, but I think this game is right up there with usc in must win to have a shot at the south this year.

Utesbyfive
              Ute Fan
              @utesbyfive

They’re all must wins. I’m sure the team views it that way too.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

**** Herbstreit

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

N’Keal Harry’s production will prove to be too much to overcome…..Plus a True Freshman stick-figure at QB?

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Pac 12 has always been hard to gauge , seems like the predictions are always wrong and there’s always a teams that surprises the popular consensus ; that’s what makes me nervous about the hype the Utes are getting this year.. don’t get me wrong I think we have the talent and capability to win the pac straight out ; but we still have to run the gauntlet of Az st Washington and Washington St ; our past records against those teams suck .. has me nervous but if there’s ever a year , this is the year.. regardless, let’s get this ball rolling it been a long summer and I am ready for the season to begin.

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

i have ASU at 9-3 i believe and 2nd in the south

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

The same ASU that lost to SDSU and Fresno is going 9-3? Okay… 

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

The same ASU that lost to SDSU is going 9-3? Okay… 

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.