Hypothetical.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

We had all three timeouts when we lined up for the two. 

If you’re the OC, do you use this opportunity to mess with the D?

First, come out and line up in a Wild Duck formation. Force them to use their last TO. If they don’t then you call time out. Then come out with another off beat formation, such as a Power-I with Leki Fotu as the lead back. Then try another whacked out formation. Get the D good and befuddled. Be ready to quick count and go from one or all of these formations. 

Is that crazy?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I originally thought that Whitt trotting out the offense was a brillaint ruse to get USC to call a time out, which they did.  That way after we kicked the extra point, they would have no timeouts left. Brilliant plan, except that wasn’t the plan.

Sweetness
        Ute Fan
        @sweetness

Had this same thought to. I didn’t hate the idea of going for two, but when it initially happened, I thought that was going to be Whitt’s plan all along. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yeah. But more than that, intentionally mess with them so that they have no idea what you’re up to.

The only downside I see is that you potentially throw a bucket of cold water on your offense just as they are heating up again. That the chicanery backfires.

Just doodling in my mind…

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I wish we would use Chase Hansen occasionally in the offense. He used to be a QB so he should be able to throw, he’s quick, and he’s got that bulldog attitude. He reminds me a lot of Weddle. Obviously you don’t want him getting injured but why not throw him in for a play or two? Especially on the goal line.

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

I love his heart.  But man does he get injured a lot…

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Dude uses his body as a projectile and lays serious wood on people. I guess that’s bound to produce some injuries.

Ute Bc
            Ute Fan
            @utebc

No doubt.  Wrap up!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Hypothetical.