I can’t tell if Utah’s offensive recruiting strategy is brilliant or insane?

Viewing 3 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

this Saturday Elite 11 dual threat QB Jayden Daniels make his final official visit.  He will be at RES on Saturday.  We’ve already picked up one of Daniels WR’s, the 6’8″ kid from San Bernadino.  And another teammate of his will take his visit to Utah this Saturday as well.  Daniels has offers to UCLA, CAL, Alabama, etc.  He’s fairly sought after, but he’s a heavy Utah lean and has a good relationship with Troy Taylor.  

I guess I’m just puzzled with why we are recruiting a pocket passer in Jack Tuttle and then the following year, recruiting a larger version of Huntley in Jayden Daniels?  I guess its nice to have options and back to back Elite 11 QB’s, but this clearly indicates Utah remains fuzzy about its offensive direction.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

My only answer is that maybe Troy Taylor feels like she can sculpt his offensive schemes to the style of QB regardless and that he’d much rather take the most talented kid he can find.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Tuttle was committed before Taylor came here. 

Taylor wants to run the RPO, which Daniels fits. If Daniels commits, Tuttle better win the job quick. 

32utahutes
        @32utahutes

I disagree. Tuttle is the better prospect coming out of high shool and Daniels needs to add some weight to his frame. Tuttle has a year in the program and a D1 body. He also is more talented throwing the ball and is no slouch athletically either. I think he can run the RPO good, not great. But if he is elite throwing, that’s who you pick.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I seem to remember all the angst because Wilson was a pocket passer in HS. These kids play in systems in high school that don’t necessarily play to their strengths, so I think the staff is looking beyond what we see in an individual player.

The second thing to remember is the ultimate capability of a QB is accuracy, regardless of the system they’re in.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I can’t tell if Utah’s offensive recruiting strategy is brilliant or insane?