I don’t really follow recruiting but I wanted the opinion of those that do.

Viewing 9 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Time for the Utes to make a move….

Currently ranked 90th in the country and 12th in the PAC12

TexanUte
        Ute Fan
        @texanute

Do you mean move in coaching or move in recruiting or both?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

So a year ago you have a pretty reasonable class. Not top 25 but then you win six games and drop off the map? 90th isn’t going to help at all. 

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Only 90th due to number of recruits committed so far. Its not going to stay 90th.

2 1

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Sounds like a comment from someone who has never read one of the recruiting boards. Just saying.

2 2

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yep I don’t pay money to have access into the minds of teenage boys. All seems a bit suspect to me. 

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

negative feedback loop. If Tuttle bolts then you know this thing is sinking like a stone.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I don’t know. It sucks to lose kids in our back yard, but we also get kids from out of state. I can’t blame kids wanting to go somewhere away from home. It’s still college after all. 

What evidence is there of Tuttle de-committing? It’s too early to judge this recruiting class anyway. The coaches have been going after big fish late, and certainly landed some last year IRC.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

It’s 17 year old kids making the best decisions for their lives.

2 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Utah had a top 25 class last year. That was without in state kids. Overall, Utah is fine losing these kids. 

BUT, if we could start keeping them home, we could jump up to 10-20 in recruiting rankings. 

Utah has got to win the PAC-12 for that to happen. 

1 1

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Utah-

Rivals 25th ranking isn’t accurate. They’re including 3/4* Tareke Lewis in that ranking that never signed a LOI with Utah.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Good God. I bet you can find a player on most top 25 teams that didn’t make it academically or for some other reason. Who the hell cares? It doesn’t change the fact that when you click on Rivals and Utah, they are ranked #25. 

Some of you are negative just to be negative. It’s like talking to a 12 year old. 

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

😂 I hate it when the 12yr old neighbor kid is right too.

May just want to quote a more accurate ranking. Wouldn’t want fake news to be spouted about on EVERY Utah message board…

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Fake news? Huh. Rivals has ranked their class #25. Believe what you want to believe. 25 is the top 25. So, uh, yeah. Good luck with that. 

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2017/all-teams/football

If you want to go with Scout, that is fine. Utah was ranked 32 on Scout/247. Pretty damn good as well. In fact, probably the best class Utah has ever had. 

So, other than being negative, I still don’t know the point of your post. It comes off as you being a jerk to be a jerk with no other purpose. 

So, Mr. 12 year old, how were you right? hint: you weren’t. 

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

As a side note, Tareke will be on campus in January. As a JC guy he had to get his AA degree and needed one grade to meet the requirement, which he wasn’t able to do in the summer. I understand all is fixed now and he will join the team for spring.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

I will be very interested to see what happens in the next 10 days nationally.  The early signing will create some issues for the less scrupulous programs in some cases it seems to have already.  Those programs are noted for playing both sides of the fence where they get commitments from high 3 and low 4 star players while still working for the 5 star players at the same position.  With a couple of weeks left in the process they tend to pull the rug if it looks like the 5 star is coming and the players are hung out to dry and scramble for a spot elsewhere.  With early signing they have to be candid with these kids and tell them they will not allow them to sign early because it would tie up a spot that they need.  Imagine Bama with a class of 3 and 4 stars filled in December.  

This benefits a team like Utah greatly because Utah has been in on most of these kids from the start and when your dreams are shattered loyalty suddenly matters.

Obviously this is not applicable to Washington, Peterson sincerely wants each player he offers like Utah does, but the Chip Kelly’s, Jim Harbaugh’s and Nick Saban’s of the world have far less discriminating taste because they don’t have to.  

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Bigger issue is expecting to recruit Texas, and Florida while playing Montana St, byu, Wyoming, and Idaho St. Definitely Hill’s biggest failure. Need to start a Twitter uproar to ban these wasted OOC games.

Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho are not recruiting hot beds. Get it fixed Dr Hill. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Next year is quite the formidable schedule as well. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Ha ha. This dude hasn’t been paying attention to the PAC-12 the last four years and the playoff committee. 

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Playoff committee has to do with playing games in Florida and Texas “recruiting hot beds” how exactly? Try to stay with the conversation.

Not saying Utah has to schedule up and play Florida, Florida St, Miami, Texas, LSU, etc to be able to recruit those areas. Games with Houston, La Tech, UCF, USF, etc.. are teams and areas that Hill should be scheduling.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

And how has Utah playing these weaker OOC games hurt their recruiting? Utah had their best class ever last year. 

It’s simple: Recruits want to win. You win more games by playing more teams that you are better than. 

So, we schedule the way we do to help recruiting, not hurt it. No recruit cares about playing Wyoming or La Tech or whatever POS G5 school is out there. 

They want to win, they want to play on TV and they want to go to the NFL. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Why are you being so confrontational today? 

noneyadb
              Ute Fan
              @noneyadb

Oregon with a top 10 class fresh off a 4-8, & 7-5 season is only because of winning right? Nothing to do with a coach from Florida, and recruiting Florida kids? 

There’s a lot more to recruiting than just winning, and going to the nfl. Ucla keeps signing 5* players and they haven’t won s**t for years.

This schedule does zero to help Utah recruit the south and mid-west. Half the country doesn’t even get the Pac 12, and the other half isn’t watching Utah play Wyoming at 10pm on a Saturday night. And if you really want to believe that the Hollindale trio or any other future recruit wouldn’t love the chance to play in front of their family and friends over playing idaho montana and Wyoming, then we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this whole recruiting fiasco.

Rivals is wrong get over it. I wasn’t being a jerk, or negative, just pointing out the error on rivals.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Utah had commitments from a couple lower ranked players that recently decomitted. Also had some higher 3* players seriously considering Utah, but now are not even in their top 5. 

Personally, the coaching carousel is having a big effect on who Utah has been after, and now who’s interested in coming to Utah. A lot has changed in the last week or so.

Utah needs to push for o-line, LB’s, and d-line players. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

The problem with recruiting rankings is they are related to the number of commits you have, so since we have a lot of returning missionaries this year we will be lower in those rankings. The key thing is the average grade for recruits has improved each year we’ve been in the PAC 12. To me that is the more important thing.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I don’t really follow recruiting but I wanted the opinion of those that do.