I hate these shirts

Viewing 4 reply threads
      3 1

Carterdalby
      Ute Fan
      @carterdalby

While at my Christmas celebration, I saw a distant cousin wear this stupid zoob shirt with Brigham young wearing a byu hat. I don’t know why but this shirt has always bothered me; I think it’s stupid. Sure they’re Brigham young university, but the design is just stupid in my opinion and think it’s a really dumb concept. Idk why I have so many negative feelings to this dumb shirt, but to put it simple. It’s a stupid concept
      Stupid T-Shirt

Daedalus17
      Ute Fan
      @daedalus17

Retcon.

cicampbe
      Ute Fan
      @cicampbe

Ok boomer

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I actually love that shirt. But, you know me.

1 1

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

I think someone should make a U version of the T-shirt. With a line like “the university he started”.

3 2

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

I’ve always wondered why we don’t have a Brigham young statue at the U.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

If I was a Y fan I think I would like the shirt, I like the retro stuff. However, Young did start the UofU, but he wanted to do it with tax dollars instead of church dollars so control soon became secular after Y move out of the territorial governor’s office. Young lost interest in what he did not 100% control hence the U became what it is. The Y, started by others was not meant to be a university, rather a school to develop teachers in a way desired by the mormon church for small communities. Over time, the Y never caught the U academically mostly because the mormon church did not care to match the funds that are provided by government. I am not current, however, I believe all the mormon church presidents since the time they began taking men old enough to be educated in Utah, have come from the U and they have yet to get one from the Y. I expect that will change soon simply because it is so awkward. If Young would have been willing to support the U without control I expect he easily could have remained/become much more prevalent in its history. To me the Y is like USU or UVU, local colleges that serve a purpose for others for a variety of reasons that capture only small amounts of interest from me.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo I hate these shirts