I hate to be nitpicky but our team is so boring

Viewing 9 reply threads
      1 26

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

KW’s game plan, while effective, is so boring. As soon as he has a 2 score lead in the second half, it’s ground and pound, milk every last second of that play clock, end the game as soon as possible. Problem is we’ve been doing that starting in the 3rd quarter for 2 weeks now. I remember watching the Red-White game seeing how they had the running clock and they were happy to just run out the clock. I thought, KW probably hates this stupid televised practice so much, he just wants to end it as quickly as possible. Glad we’re winning, but 😴😴😴

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Damn right we are, you will have nothing on film. NOTHING!!!

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Utah beat TDS straight up and then choked out.
        NIU thought they could see daylight and was choked out.
        IDSU was laughable

What does USC have for their film review? Umm stop Moss but don’t try to stop him too much or Huntley will burn you. Oh yeah and trying to stop Moss is easier said than done.

14 1

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

All I care about is the W. That’s it.

Utahutes06
      Ute Fan
      @utahute06

Idk what else you want them to do they were up 3 touchdowns?

COUte
        Ute Fan
        @coute

Would’ve been nice to see Shelley or Lisk air it out a bit.

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Well Lisk DID get throw 6 passes.  He completed all of them too.  But as for Shelley, you are correct.  There’s no such thing as “running up the score” when you’re playing your 3s and 4s.

Utahutes06
          Ute Fan
          @utahute06

Doesnt make sense though, the coaches job is to win. Why air it out and risk throwing a pick or the clock stopping to give them a chance to get back into the game. Its not like they refused to throw.

2 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

2 1

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Who cares if the play calling was boring.  All of our OPPONENTS have been super boring.  And besides, there’s no point in showing Helton what else we’re capable of doing.  We don’t NEED style points, nor to wow anyone when we’re playing weak SOS opponents, because everybody was expecting us to beat them ANYWAY!

Utah’s season doesn’t start until Friday night.  And I can’t wait until the start of the season.

GO UTES!!!

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

i couldn’t agree more.  i was actually surprised that we opened up the offense even a little but i’m still leary of playing at usc.  good things have never happened there……

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

It’s strategic. They’ve been playing different guys all over the field getting them more experience which may prove invaluable at some point during the season.

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Sounds like you need a more exciting team to follow.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

There’s nothing boring to me about a smash mouth physical team with a great defense and fantastic running game. 

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

Wait for Friday. Some things may just change.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I hate to be nitpicky but our team is so boring