I haven’t seen this level of confidence from the idiots down south for a while

Viewing 8 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

And that’s saying something, considering they are always pre-season national champs. I truly hope LSU destroys them 70-0 and then we go in and destroy them 77-0.

Maybe they’ll finally be able to admit they are little brother… ah, who am I kidding?

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Yes, you’ve seen this level of confidence from them before. You just don’t remember because it only happens twice a year: Once in July, once in February.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

It’s true, they are even more arrogant than usual. They seem to think this is their year and that the tide is turning in rivalry. I hope we beat the s**t out of them and make it 7 in a row.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

You know what would be nice to make it 7 in a row? Is if we beat them 77-7. That would be glorious!

Although, I do remember them being this confident last year with their senior QB and Ty Freaking Detmer.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’d rather beat them 66-6. 

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

But that ruins the 7s motif!

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

True, but it would make them hilariously uncomfortable. Or else it would reinforce their persecution complex. Either way it would be a memorable beatdown.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I won’t ask for too much.  A solid win with no injuries works for me so we can, you know, concentrate on the important part of the season, the PAC 12.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

It’s crazy, the narrative that is fed to them. I’m not the least bit surprised they think they will blow Utah out. Let’s look at what I’ve heard on the radio/tv vs reality:

QB’s: Troy Williams sucks, that’s why they brought in Bateman. But Bateman sucks because he didn’t win the starting job at Alabama. Huntley sucks because he couldn’t beat out Troy last year. 

Mangum is the next great BYU QB. He can make all the throws and Ty Detmer is great and it’s Hill’s fault BYU’s offense was terrible last year and now that Jamaal Williams is gone and Mangum is here, we will see the greatness that is BYU’s QB factory. 

More to come. 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

OC’s – Utah brought in a high school coach. He’s clearly in over his head and Whitt hates offense so he’s going to suck.

Ty Detmer. Hell, he is so good, the Mormon boys have taken up swearing. He’s Ty F**king Detmer. Never mind that Troy Taylor coached at an extremely high level at EWU and has developed many high level QB’s, Ty F**king Detmer taught Brett Favre how to be a QB. Ty F**king Detmer is so amazing that he went straight from high school to DI. And now that Ty F**king Detmer has a real QB, wow.

OL – Utah lost 4 guys to the NFL. Never mind that their OL is full of 4 star kids and Utah has one of the best OL coaches in the country. They are screwed.

BYU – BYU returns all their OL. They were terrible last year, but they are back!!! And their coach is another guy that wasn’t coaching in college football before Ty! Amaze balls. Koroma, a small, dirty player is the “shiz” and the best C in college football.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

Hilarious rant!

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Beating them 54-10 in their own backyard didn’t humble them.  Doubt anything ever will.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

77-7 might.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I say let’s find out. Lol. 

I think a beat down here might do something. They’d have nothing left. 

They have the better OC. They have the better QB. They have the better OL. They have the better LB’ers. They have the better secondary. They have the better recruiting coach. 

In their minds, they are clearly superior. 

A 77-7 beat down…they’d have nothing left. No more excuses. 

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Except the refs though. they will always have the refs.

ladyinred
              Ute Fan
              @ladyinred

Oh for sure, those dern pac 12 refs were so biased in the 2016 game! Nevermind those were actually big 12 refs…

FtheY
            Ute Fan
            @fthey

False. If they only had 11 more quarters they would have won. 

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Yeah, I’ve been noticing a ton of over-confidence and a generally boastful display on social media.

You would think they would reserve the boasting until, you know, AFTER they actually beat us for once.

But it doesn’t appear that self-awareness is high on the list of their personality traits.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

It’s because they honestly believe they have the better team and we’ve just been lucky. 

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

I mean, yeah, having 6 turnovers in last year’s game was super ”lucky”.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

The luck was the 1 TO to tauteoli and the fact that our TO’s gave us better scoring opportunities and that Taysom didn’t see the guy wide open for the 2 pt conversion, when it is as clear as day that play was not an RPO.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo I haven’t seen this level of confidence from the idiots down south for a while