I hope the football team reads this board and they use this as motivation.

Viewing 3 reply threads

WEEN-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @ween-ute

“You know, when you were a baby in your crib, your father looked down at you, he had but one hope – “Someday, my son will grow to be a man.” Well look at you now; you just got your asses whipped, by a bunch of goddamn nerds.

*Nerds*! Well, if I was you, I’d do something about it. I would get up and redeem myself in the eyes of my father, my Maker, and my *coach*!”

After reading this I’m predicting a blow out 😄

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I don’t. 

This is where we fans come to rant or rave about 18-22 year olds playing a game. It’s rather trivial in the grand scheme of things. Granted, it’s something that we’ve all decided is important to us, but it’s not something that these kids need to, or would benefit from reading. I would hope that they are focusing on their own lives: school, grades, relationships, and practice. 

There are some terrific posters here. I am not one of them. But some folks here do have great insight or takes. At the same time, there is a reason that none of us are D-1 football coaches (except Onlyu?) Players should not look to fan sites for motivation. If they do, then I think that would point to a coaching deficiency. Or a lack of intrinsic motivation. 

I love this team and I am grateful to them for putting it out there on Saturdays. Go Utes. 

WEEN-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @ween-ute

That quote went about 6’ over your head. It’s a joke and it’s from the movie revenge of the nerds. Jesus!

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I know the reference.

WEEN-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @ween-ute

^ this guy gets it ^

2 1

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Revenge of the Nerds is as old as the gray hairs on your ass. These kids have no idea what this is about and isn’t funny even if they did. The worst is that there are a host of overweight middle aged guys trying to fill the cavernous void by acting like they have something to do with football. Fine to talk to yourself and among the audience. Not fine to hope that you can somehow affect the team. You’re the audience, not in the cast. Thanks.

3 1

WEEN-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @ween-ute

I accept it was a bad joke with bad delivery. I’ve never been good a teling jokes, that’s on me. Maybe I should’ve mentioned Coach Whittingham to repeat it in the locker room, but still a bad joke is a bad joke. My intention was truly joking around and not seriously having the team read the board. Nor do I think I would have any bearing on motivating the team with what I thought was an obvious joke, but whatever.

Sorry for trying to lighten the mood on utehub. It’s great to come to a fan site where one can interact with other Ute fans. It’s sad when fans eat their own over stupid things. Again, sorry my Revenge of the Nerds reference hurt your feelings. My delivery was way off. I hope my lame post didn’t cause you too much anger that you had to take it out on your wife and kids or hurt your hand typing a response.

Can we all move on from this horrid post and root for the Utes to win Saturday?

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

You bet we can. Sorry for not getting the reference, and tone can be hard to judge over the internet. My bad. 

Go Utes!

WEEN-Ute
            Ute Fan
            @ween-ute

Thanks for the reply. It’s humbling to know I’m not funny haha. I won’t quit my day job for standup.

Go Utes!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I hope the football team reads this board and they use this as motivation.