I just heard that there are over 950 basketball players in the portal

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We will lose a few, but I’m sure our new coach is looking at what’s available out there.

I dislike the portal.  However, it is now the rule and we should work it the best we can.

3 1

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

The portal is the big difference between when Larry took over (and I contend he should have received coach of the year honors for getting that team to 6 wins) and now. Rumblings online were that half the team was leaving if Larry stayed. Assuming that still holds true even with the new coach, it should be easier to build up a roster with competent players thanks to the portal.

Utes 69
        Ute Fan
        @slc123

The portal is the big difference between when Larry took over (and I contend he should have received coach of the year honors for getting that team to 6 wins) and now. Rumblings online were that half the team was leaving if Larry stayed. Assuming that still holds true even with the new coach, it should be easier to build up a roster with competent players thanks to the portal.

My response…no loyalty! move on if you are not a true Ute. 

4 1

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

^^^ THIS ^^^

I’ve heard all the online talk about how dissatisfied our players have been playing for LK, but up until last week, we’d only lost the guys that weren’t playing all that much.  Then, after LK had been terminated, 2 other decided to leave also?  This suggests to me two things…

1.  LK wasn’t entirely at fault for our player attrition.

2.  There appears to be a cancer in the locker room — an environment of quitters and prima donnas.

I hope Smith doesn’t just replenish our outgoing players, but looks to clean house with those who are already here.  Either you’re a Ute, or you’re not.  If you think you’re super special, go to ybU.  If you’re a team player, go pick out your locker, suit up, and prove that nobody wasted any scholarships on you.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) I just heard that there are over 950 basketball players in the portal