I just hope that our administration sees…

Viewing 7 reply threads
      1 8

Anonymous
      Inactive

…how the PAC12 treats Utah as a third class citizen. I hope they then have the balls to petition the BigXII for membership. Our conference collectively held their noses and invited us. If we want to climb the hierarchy we will have to leave the PAC12. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

You can’t let emotion dictate decisions. On the surface sounds like a great idea but dealing with Texas is worst than Larry Scott. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

The PAC12 problem is the California power base.

Football popularity has never been huge there like it is in Texas or Florida or Ohio. It’s declining there faster than anywhere else. Football is more popular in Utah than it is in California  

The California schools aren’t even popular there. 

This would be a strategic move not an emotional one. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

In Utah football isn’t number one either. As much as we talk about how Utah doesn’t travel well it is about different priorities. I would consider Holiday but I would take my family to the Rose Bowl absolutely. I planned on driving to Santa Clara because I knew how cheap it was but I forgot I had tickets on Saturday night to Gaffigan with the wife. Flying to Santa Clara isn’t affordable for me. 

Call me a poor fan but the Jazz run this market. Then outdoor things also run peoples free time in Utah. It isn’t ever going to be like Big 12 or SEC land. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

What ? Are you serious ? It’s very simple. We are the new kids on the block. Earning our strips was always going to be a slow process. We took a huge step forward this year. Next year is squarely on the rose bowl nothing else matters. I don’t care about the Sun Bowl. Just win the bowl and continue to build.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

To the victor goes the spoils…

Win= Rose bowl/ national attention

Lose= who cares bowl/ background noise

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I think you’re wildly overestimating Utah’s overall place in the college football landscape.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Well don’t ask Pace and his friends. Basically we are in the WAC still according to most fan bases views. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

If you ever want to change that it will not happen in the PAC12. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Assuming it happens elsewhere because you believe it never will happen is flawed logic. 

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

What does Utah deserve? Utes were a 9-4 team…same in conference record as Stanford and Oregon. Bowls don’t even know or care Utah beat Stanford or Oregon. Doubt any of the bowl dicks watched any of those games. Bottom line, watching the P12 Championship game was a complete viewwers dud. 7 points against UW in 8 quarters is not good bowl pageantry.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Stanford and Oregon are four loss teams. So are Texas and Iowa state. Let’s compare bowl placement with them and see how Utah is treated. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

10 points. 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive

If we want to climb the ladder we won’t do it in the PAC12. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Fire Scott hire an actual commissioner who wants to run it like a conference. Move the HQ to Vegas where it is more affordable to run conference. Or even LA and you can see about possibly having the CCG at the new LA stadium. Either of those venues make more sense than San Fran. You have fixed a ton of problems right there just doing those two things. 

New commisioner then needs to look at allowing the PAC12 app to be downloaded as a subscription based program. Get something done with Amazon possibly for games. Then finally settle this feud with Direct and negotiate your way out of the PAC12 after dark games.

Anonymous
          Inactive

What color unicorn do you want for Christmas?

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I am surprised at least the fire Larry Scott hasn’t happened sooner. USC is on board absolutely, add Wazzu to that list, then Harlan probably is right there. I could only think Cal and Stanford are behind most of the insane ways of running the conference. Both of them don’t care about attendance or anything like that in particular. Oregon, Washington and the Zona schools have to be on board. UCLA?  They probably agree with usc privately. 

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Another abysmal bowl season for the pac 12 coming up, except Utah as usual. When the bowls can pass up more highly ranked, deserving teams for “sexier” names, mismatches are created. Utes will curb stomp whoever in the Sun bowl, oregon will get curb stomped in the holiday bowl. Then the pac 12 looks bad, again, and around and around we go. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yes. What does the conference do to fix the problems? Not a damn thing. 

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

I agree with the 4rd class citzenship, but I think the P12 is still a better option than the B12 for us.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 I just hope that our administration sees…