I know we don’t usually delve into this category

Viewing 5 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

But man that Jazz loss was painful. If that good Utah football news could come sooner than later I’d appreciate it.

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

I gotta say that when I read that Kawhi was injured and Chris Paul quarantined I was thinking we had an easier path to the Finals but man…losing at home to a Clippers team that didn’t have Leonard or Ibaka hurt.

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Extremely painful. 

We shot so well in the first half, then couldn’t make a bucket in the second. Clippers shot a higher percentage than we did and they were the road team. Had bad turnovers and poor defensive rotations, which gave LA a lot of high percentage looks. Paul George had a monster game, and his supporting cast shot lights out. I didn’t expect their role players to all have great games and they did…they stepped up and outplayed us.  

Not having Conley and a non-100% Mitchell hurts us big time. The offense stagnates when we don’t move the ball and we aren’t athletic enough to play the isolation game. Also causes us to go deeper into the bench with Oni or Niang, and we seem to give up a lot when they are in (haven’t looked at stats, just anecdotal fan frustration). 

Need some hustle defensively and some shots to drop if we want to stay alive on the road tomorrow. 

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

After playing a team 7 times in a season you’d think Quin would have a better game plan than playing to the Clippers strengths the entire second half. Iso ball doesn’t work.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

Yeah, we ain’t staying alive on the road tomorrow. It’s officially football season.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

For having maybe the best rim protector of all time, the Jazz are a terrible defensive team. The clippers had open shots all night long.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Haven’t watched the Jazz since Stockton left, but I have been hoping they do well.  Looks like they’ve lost 3 in a row after winning the first two.  That’s a WTF moment there. 

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Injury to Mitchell is more significant than we initially thought. I’m not an expert but I see Mitchell gutting it out, and Conley’s mild hamstring keeps him out. Would Conley be a liability if he only plays at 75%?

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

I’m with you, Tony.  I just lost interest in the NBA.  The Jazz did well this season so I have been keeping tabs on the playoffs a little bit.  It sounds like it’s one of those seasons that the team that ends up the healthiest will take the ring.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Some players have suggested the short turn around from last season is why there are so many injuries. If that’s the case, I hope the FCS football players don’t have the same experience.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

While watching the Jazz win lots of games raining down endless treys, in the back of my mind I’ve felt that having an attack that relies so heavily on one weapon would be vulnerable to a long stretch of not hitting any shots from outside the arc. Last night we went 17 minutes before finally hitting a 3 in the second half.  Reminded me of when the Rockets a few years ago had a playoff game where they missed 25 treys in a row.

Donovan clearly was stuggling last night.  Not sure if he’s still nursing his ankle or perhaps is still under the weather from being sick lately.  His effort was there but he wasn’t 100%.  KUDOS to him for trying.  He clearly has not given up yet.

Down to elimination games now. Need to win twice to keep the season moving.  But the Clippers are playing with great confidence and have the momentun right now and it’s going to take the best effort from the Jazz to move on to face the Suns.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Mitchell’s was a freak injury. Got kicked in the ankle. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA I know we don’t usually delve into this category