Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

This system needs a speed back and he will be the perfect rb/wr hybrid 

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Initially, I agree, but in college, the O-Line tends to block more effectively when they have an established running back. They learn to synergize and the timing works well. When you rotate backs who accelerate differently, you sometimes have issues. That’s why we struggled early on with the run last year. If you followed BYU, you could see it when Jamal Williams was out, or Alabama, when they swapped in Scarbrough for Damien Harris, though it had the reverse effect with Scarbrough. I kind of prefer him at slot receiver because of that, just an opinion.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

We aren’t a power run team anymore which makes this matter much less imo

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

Taylor has said that he kept a lot of the running game from the previous offense. We are very likely going to see a lot of the same running style.

rbmw263
            Ute Fan
            @rbmw263

But it isn’t going to define the offense like it used to. What I’m guessing he has kept are the blocking schemes and stunts which were downright beautiful at times (watch ucla)

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I just question his durability as a true RB. He’s a small guy and tends to get beat up on pretty badly. I think he can definitely be effective as a change of pace back, or in some 2 back sets — but I don’t think he can take a significant number of snaps there.

Who knows. Coach Taylor seems to be all about putting the right guys in place to make plays. I can’t wait to see what the offense looks like.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

He certainly isn’t an every-down RB and is not a bruiser in any way. But I think he could be used similar to the way Oregon used De’Anthony Thomas. McCormick has a similar build, is very shifty, and has similar speed to DAT.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

He’s prominently featured on http://riseandshout.net

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I like giving mccormick more time at rb