I like it, therefore it would never happen

Viewing 3 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

They tried to do this with the B1G when the PAC first started. It wasn’t even as bold as this just one game if I remember correctly. I like that model only if the SEC does something similar. But again four OOC and two against absolute s**t teams every season just reminds us we need to schedule down. 

Oregon playing Auburn and Washington last year is just bad for the league right now. 

UteHorn21
      Ute Fan
      @utehorn21

As a Texas fan first and foremost I’m not a fan of this. I’d give up 1 maybe two games for a scheduling alliance. But no way would I give up all 3. We have Alabama, LSU, Ohio St., Michigan, Georgia on future schedules and no offense but no way in hell I’m giving those up to play Colorado, Arizona, Oregon St……

Tomasina
        Ute Fan
        @tomasina

I tend to agree.  I would prefer one or two games if the conferences went down this path… but would avoid having all non-coference games consumed.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

It’s an interesting concept and a 0-1 loss team would be a lock for the playoff. The problem is getting a 0-1 loss team with schedule would be very difficult. It’s hard enough for the PAC 12 to finish with a record a like that.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I like it, therefore it would never happen