I liked the 4th quarter drum thing at first

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

But now I hope they s**t can it this season. It was cool at first when the big drum was tuned low and a badass dude with face paint pounded away at it.  Then it started to turn into a schtick which by last season was horrid, especially when they tried to sync up to a pre-recorded soundtrack.

Please. No drum this year.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Agreed…liked it in year one but last year it sucked.  Thought it had a chance to grow into a pretty cool tradition but needed to be louder and somehow they needed to find a way to get the crowd into it.  Would love it if they found a way to get the crowd rocking headed into the 4th quarter.

That said, I still get a kick out of watching people s**t themselves when the canon goes off.  Will never forget Chris Fuamatu-Ma’afala’s brother diving spread eagle after that thing went off behind him.  Threw his nibs and hit the ground.  I still laugh about that.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

I thought they did get rid of it.  Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think they are doing the drums anymore.

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Please can they do this instead? I know it’s not original, but very few are. This would be ri-donk-ulous if the entire crowd did this to start the 4th quarter.

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

Yes. Yes.  A hundred times Yes.

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

Already killed it last year during last home games and it won’t continue this year. Cannon remained. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Bring back the drum, but sync with ac/dc thunderstruck and those loud ass percussion fireworks shooting off at the same time. Then have the Canon go off to start the fourth… Difficult to pull off but… Boom!

1 1

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

Thunderstruck is too cliche. It’s like Welcome to the Jungle or We Will Rock You.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I liked the 4th quarter drum thing at first