I miss this guy.

Viewing 2 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I think Scalley will be just fine, but I really, really miss Sack Lake City under John Pease.

6 13

User Suspended
      @a2ute

He is sorely missed.  Scalley is a yes man and not P5 material – there, I said it.

Scalley fan boys start clicking the thumbs down…I can take it.

1 2

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

No thumbs down, but I do believe that scalley is a developing coordinator.  If I was HC, I’d be on his back like crazy this year to improve, and be ready to send him packing if we don’t see improvements.  Last year we were down on sacks but turnover kings, this year, everything has been quiet.  He did show marked improvement in the last 4 games though.  Even in the turnover crazy game with Wazzu, we were still in it to the end.  I like the improvement, now he better show us something special like we’ve come to expect from the Utah defense, or it’s probably time to swap out switching the OC to switching the DC.

2 4

cjd1
          Ute Fan
          @cjd1

Maybe Anderson is coming to help.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Sacks are the MOST OVER-RATED stat out there. TO’s and 3rd down converison is king. We were down in third down conversions and TO’s, but look at how inexperienced we were:

Blackmon, Blair, Ballard, Hughes, Thompson, Guidry, Johnson, Fotu, Afia, Burgess, Tonga, Heninger, Young, Repp, Hart, Penisini (16 out of 25 main defensive players) were getting big mintues for the first time. 

To have that defense top 3 in most categories, and to bring most of those players back, hot damn, Scalley did a great job. And we should be stoked about the defense for next fall. Scalley is a top 4 PAC-12 defensive coordinator RIGHT NOW. 

It wouldn’t shock me if he excels even more with Gary, and if he is off coaching TDS in two years when Kalani gets fired. Hopefully he is smarter than that and takes a different job. He’d do great down in Texas. 

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

Scalley won’t coach at byu-P.  It would be a pay cut anyhow.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

I think 3rd down conversion is the most important. It was a killer for us this year. If we could have been better in that area, several games would likely have been different outcomes.

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

P5 QB’s aren’t just going to throw an INT without being pressured. Sacks may be overrated, but the pressure and chaos they create that can lead to turnovers can’t be understated.

Sack safety vs Arizona, Season changer…

11 sacks vs ASU, a close game turned into a runaway victory.

UTUTE
        Ute Fan
        @utute

@Pace.  Also no thumbs down but good you “can take it”

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I thumbs down’ed you. You say he isn’t P5 material? Huh. Let’s look at this year’s defense in the PAC-12: 

#3 Scoring defense. 

#3 Total defense.

#3 Rushing defense.

#4 Pass defense.

#3 Pass efficiency defense.

#3 Opponent first downs.

#6 Oppenent third down conversion. 

#6 in TO’s. 

If that isn’t P5 material….lol. 

That is P5 material. And with such a young defense and in his second year? 

That is F**KING amazing. 

You should really re-think your opinion, because it is 100% wrong. 

Don’t be TDS fan and spout out stupid stuff. 

Also, for all you “you can’t have an explosive offense and defense” or “if you have an explosive offense, it hurts the defense” WSU was top 3 in most categories above. You can easily have a great offense and defense. They aren’t mutually exclusive. 

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

This is AAU, he has a hate boner Scalley and Whittingham for…reasons.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I have no clue why people bag on Scalley. It is pretty misinformed. Considering injuries and the amount of guys he lost he exceeded expectations again. 

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Utah had their second best defense statistically since joining the PAC 12 this past year. When looking at rushing yards given up per game and passing yards given up per game. The area that they sucked at was stopping 3rd down conversions.

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

Puck:

No thumbs down here, Scalley is not the right man to coach the ‘D’. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Considering the defensive people and careers he coached against, those stats are impressive.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I miss this guy.