I Now Downgrade UW

Viewing 6 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

From invincible, to just another good PAC 12 team. Utah has a good chance for a win against UW at home.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Worshington played three cream puffs and got their high ranking based on eyeball test. I realize that’s all there is to go by, but I agree with you. We’ll find out Friday if they’re a top 10 team. I haven’t seen them play yet but I’m taking Stanford.

I’m thinking they should have handled Arizona.

Anonymous
        Inactive

My much anticipated PAC12 rankings will come out later today.  But I will say Oregon st is the only PAC team not getting better. Arizona has made some great adjustments. Cal and ASU defense is optional.

pancakes
        Ute Fan
        @pancakes

I still can’t figure out how they got ranked so high so quickly. They lost 6 games last year. How did they get preseason #14?

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

It’s tough to make these comparisons/conclusions. Iowa State beat SJSU more impressively than we did, but I don’t believe they are better than us.  That said, Washington could be over rated, I agree.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I have very weird, irrational hate for two things:

The SF Giants and Chris Petersen.

I don’t know why I hate the Giants. I’m a Phillies fan. I’m not a Dodgers fan. I have no tie to SF or LA. But, man, I hate the Giants. I check box scores to see if they lost. Can’t explain why.

And I strongly dislike Petersen. I think it’s because his schedules at Boise were SO WEAK, yet he got all the credit.

Best G5 team, BCS Buster, blah, blah, blah.

So, I’m happy Washington struggled. I had them winning 1 game last year and 7 this year.

My hate is irrational.

Screw you Petersen.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

The fact that we play Worshington this year and next influenced Troy Williams’ decision to come here. He really wants to stick it to ’em and Peterson.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Williams also stated his displeasure for not being offered by USC. Dude balled out to prove a point.

UteStuckInSeattle
            Ute Fan
            @utestuckinseattle

Sounds like the coaches need to manufacture some other reasons for Williams to hate the rest of the teams in the Pac-12 so we can see similar performances for the rest of the season.

Anonymous
              Inactive

Finding that motivation game to game is what Williams needs to realize.  You can’t just come out and put forth effort like he did at the FCS level.  D1 PAC12 big boy ball you have to leave it all on the field every week.  He is getting it I think.  He knows his potential. Dolce said it best, his best throw all game probably wasn’t the touchdown throws.  It was the one where he threw it out of bounds in the redzone.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Is that a fact that our playing UW influenced his decision?

I would love nothing better than to see Troy shred UW in RES. I best talks to my bro about going to the game.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Hate for the Giants comes down to one thing for me.

Barry “BOBBLEHEAD” Bonds

Big Kahuna
      Ute Fan
      @bigkahuna

Iowa St was at home versus SJSU. We played our first road game. Traveling makes a difference.

Agree this week will tell us if the dogs are real.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Rewatch the final three scoring drives. Williams was throwing daft and picking them apart. As good as SC’s Darnold played, he never moved the sticks like Williams did on those last three scoring drives.

IMO, it would never have been as close had Lotulelei been able to finish the game. The loss of Lotulelei really threw a wrench in our Defense. With the loss of Fitts and now Lotulelei, I am worried that our greatest strength now just became average at best.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I gave UW the benefit of the doubt, while knowing they were playing a cupcake OOC schedule. I watched their opener against Rutgers and wondered is UW that good or Rutgers that bad. Texted my B1G friends who all confirmed that Rutgers is that bad.

So UW piled up impressive OOC victories, then they have to go to OT for a win against Arizona? All of a sudden they’re no longer demonstrably better than the rest of the PAC. The PAC will be a dog fight this year and will come down to who’s least depleted by injuries.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 I Now Downgrade UW