I read that Tyreke Lewis used his redshirt but expects to be on the team

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

next year. Also the only area I’m concerned with is D-end. Other than ANAE who is our other D-end. Thid jordon kid ? JC guy usually takes a year. Hart ? didn’y show much this year. Tupai ?  Didnt even play. Repp ? Maybe but he’s not everydown maybe only third down pass rush. Heniger IMO was the best option once Fitts was out an he was a walkon. Every other position we are stacked. Concerned about other edge rush. Thoughts ?

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

We will be fine at DE. Look at what we have:

Hart – RS JR. We expect kids to be amazing from day one, but this is football. Size and experience are so important. Don’t count him out yet.

Hamilton – WR in high school. Coaches think he has NFL potential at DE.

Repp – if he can gain weight, he has Pita T potential.

Tuapi RS Sophomore – see Hart. He has Fitts potential. Just has to learn how to play at this level.

Tafua – 4 star kid coming in. Played scout team for us this year

Heninger – played solid for us this year as a true freshman.

DE will be a strength next year.

We honestly have no weaknesses. Pray that Huntley gains 20lbs and learns to give the ball up.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Two newest recruites might contribute at DE Jermiah Jordan 6’6″ 250 lbs and Pirtle might be a hybrid type DE. Also, in regard to T.H. and the RPO…Just hand the ball off to Moss every other time at least. 

2 1

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

We honestly have no weaknesses.

Perhaps looking at the roster, but how about coaching? And as we have seen, we are 1-2 injuries away from having a bad year.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I don’t know about injuries. QB, we are only 1 deep. BUT:

RB: Moss/Shyne

WR: Singleton, Simpkins, Boyd, Covey, Hamilton, Thompson, Wilson

OL: yeah. An injury or two would suck

DT: Fotu, Penisini, Pututau, Tonga

DE: we have a lot

LB: Barton, Thompson, Pirtle, Lloyd

CB: Smith, Johnson, Guidry, Burgess, Blackmon, Hughes and many more

S: Hansen, Blair, Ballard, Afia

we are deep everywhere. It’s crazy. Pray for health.

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

Nacua at WR also…I think the lights turn on for Hampton as well.  Boyd has a chance to be exceptional.  Some had him Top 5 at his position in the state of Texas out of HS.

DVC and TJ Green at RB as well

2 times the depth we had at OL this year where we only had 7 total.  Next year we’ll have 9-10 game ready or very close.

RiseasUtes
              Ute Fan
              @riseasutes

Hampton at WR, Hamilton will play LB or DE.

Utah
                Ute Fan
                @utah

Yeah, I meant Thompson, not Hamilton. 

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

I’m embarrassed I forgot Nacua. I’ve been pimping him since he became eligible. He was easily the most naturally talented receiver we had this past spring. 

Watching him play was so fun. He is so smooth and naturally gifted. 

Anonymous
            Inactive

Seems that everyone is discounting Jason Shelley because he was a RS this year. I haven’t seen him throw, but his speed as a dual threat is an advantage. He might be our version of Khalil Tate.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

I believe it is an open competition now more than ever with Troy Taylor.  I don’t believe Huntley can just tip toe into the starting position.  I hope he looks over his shoulder and watches his film.  The point of exchange is something he can really improve on and hopefully becomes a huge positive for him.  I also think he needs to work on his accuracy some more in his throws.  I really liked his reads though and his decision making has been excellent.  

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

Anae really came on in the last 4 or so weeks of the season. I’m excited to see what he can do next year.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I read that Tyreke Lewis used his redshirt but expects to be on the team