I really hope you guys kick the crap out of USC

Viewing 4 reply threads

Jim McMahon
      Ute Fan
      @icomeinpeace

So many pundits are already annointing them to the CFP. Joel Klatt heaps praise on them here and talks about their 8.2 yards per play average without mentioning they’ve played two games, one of which was against Rice. 

Then speaking of Utah, he goes, “Anthony Richardson showed you the blueprint on how to beat Utah”. Please. It was the first game of the season. I love it when people read way too much into one game. And Utah had that game won about three different times.

Anyway, please beat them.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I hope we do too. But, he’s not wrong. If they win out, they’re in.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Based on my current evaluation of both teams, it will be a high scoring event.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

I’m confident that if USC makes it to the playoffs, BYU will easily beat them in the first round.

Jim McMahon
        Ute Fan
        @icomeinpeace

And I’m confident that you’re trying to troll me. Let’s see if BYU can even beat Oregon first. I have a bad feeling about this game. Oregon will want to make a statement after Georgia. And they still have way more speed and talent in the form of 4 and 5 star kids then BYU will ever dream of. 

This game will be a good measuring stick for BYU. I’m fully expecting an L but hope I’m wrong. But BYU is turning the corner after years of mediocrity. 

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

I’ll be honest, Kalani has exceeded my expectations.  I wasn’t sure he was head coach material.  He has proven me wrong, but I wonder if Cougar fans are worried that he’ll jump ship to a Nebraska or something in one of the big 2 conferences?  I’m leaning towards him being more of a Lavell or Whit guy in that he’s satisfied staying in the state of Utah.  Thoughts?

Jim McMahon
            Ute Fan
            @icomeinpeace

Me too. I think he’s surprised all of us BYU fans. Take Scott Frost. He looked like the next sure then when he was at UCF. I thought he would resurrect Nebraska. Kalani on the other hand was coming from 2-10 Oregon State where his defenses had been torched. Yet Frost flamed out and Kalani has slowly figured it out. The last few years in particular have been refreshing. His first few years were painful.

Word on the street on Cougarboard (I’m no insider) is that Kalani got a lot of money last year, especially for his coordinators. After losing Grimes to Baylor, he really asked for more for his guys and got it. My gut feel is that he stays because I think he genuinely loves the state and BYU and wants to be the next Lavell. Plus, B12, while certainly not the Power 2 conferences, is WAY better than Indy. If we get a seat at the table that’s all you can ask for. 

But we all know money talks. If Nebraska offered him a crazy contract, you never know. But my gut is he is here for the long haul.

RedUte14
              Ute Fan
              @redute14

I appreciate fans like you Jim. I wish more Utah and BYU fans could be this way. I try and avoid fans during the season… both drive me crazy.

Jim McMahon
                Ute Fan
                @icomeinpeace

Thanks. Yeah, it’s gotten pretty bad. Twitter is also a cesspool. I think having a two year break may actually be a good thing to calm things down a bit. 

Good luck this weekend. 

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Don’t forget the path he took to get where he is. Definitely possible he jumps. 

Jim McMahon
              Ute Fan
              @icomeinpeace

Yep, definitely a possibility. Look, if Nebraska or another solid B1G or SEC school offers to double his salary and he jumps, I wouldn’t blame him at all.

At the same time, he has built up a ton of equity with BYU. He already make a ton of money and our program is trending up. There’s something to be said about staying where your family is happy. You take on of those jobs and have two crappy years and you’re toast. If he would have had his start at BYU that he had at one of those programs he would have been fired for sure.

HoosierUte
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierute

If USC makes the playoff, there will be no room for BYU undefeated or not. Gotta have 2 SEC schools and a B10 school in there at a minimum. 

Jim McMahon
          Ute Fan
          @icomeinpeace

Believe me, I’m not planning on BYU making the playoff. Let’s see us make an NY6 first. I’m not even sure we beat Oregon tomorrow.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

If USC makes the playoff I’ll see you at the Rose Bowl. 

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Congrats. Your team is looking great.

Jim McMahon
        Ute Fan
        @icomeinpeace

Thanks. We’ll see how we look after tomorrow. It scares me that a lot of pundits are picking us to beat Oregon. 

I have to laugh a little because I was on their message board and saw a post something like, “We’ll have our hands full. This BYU team went 5-0 against the PAC last year and beat Utah, and we don’t need to talk about what Utah did to us…:(“

Then the thread went off the rails a bit discussing Utah and how much you destroyed them last year. They still have some PTSD up there from those two beat downs LOL

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I really hope you guys kick the crap out of USC