I really like Shelley’s smooth throw game, but the ball tends to float too much.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s almost the opposite of Huntley’s bullet passes. It took our O-Line and receivers a few games to get used to Huntley’s play again this year. I think the same will happen with Shelley (the red zone misses were obviously caused by lack of offensive cohesiveness). He should be in great shape for the bowl game.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Fotheringham had 76 yards on five catches? 

Anonymous
        Inactive

I don’t get it. Are you arguing that the offense won’t improve the rest of the season?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

No just noting his lead receiver a tall easy target. Second was Covey who got loads of YAC. 

Shelley proved he is competent back up and I am confident in improvement being made. I think BYUs defense is better than Oregon and Colorado though. Oregon’s is beat up pretty bad. 

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

Just beat Colorado. Personally, that’s all I care about. Beat Colorado, and then win or lose at BYU, we’re still alive for the Rose Bowl.

Anonymous
            Inactive

Right. My bad…it’s hard to see a comment’s intent sometimes.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

He’s got great hands. But I also think the playcalling has really hit it’s stride in the main.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

That was always a major complaint about Brian Johnson, too. And we know how that turned out. Shelley seems to have the smarts to compensate like Johnson did – I’m not worried.

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

He will improve with practice and game day experience.  Huntley or Shelley, Moss or Shyne,  the future looks bright.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I really like Shelley’s smooth throw game, but the ball tends to float too much.