I really want grier to be healthy

Viewing 5 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

https://twitter.com/theDudeofWV/status/937823417105035265

seriously. I want no excuses when we kick their ass.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

these things are important when getting ramped up for bowl games

https://twitter.com/theDudeofWV/status/937791999423414275

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

In all fairness, we have some in our fan base who are arrogant like this too on twitter. It’s embarrassing.

Utah is favored in this game by a TD. I have no doubts that our defense can give Grier problems, just like they did Darnold, Browning, and Falk. And they will be more healthy for this game. I hope he plays too.

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

for sure. I dont take it too seriously or personally. It just is a great way to get excited to play a ultimately meaningless game. Trash talk from opposing fans

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Wow, those are some really douchey mofos. Can’t wait for Utah to knock them down a peg.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Dude just keeps chirping:

User Suspended
        @a2ute

My zoob radar is going off on this Christopher Lambert character….

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

It’s kind of cute how he acts it up. 

Excuses for losses, I hate them all because they don’t change that you loss. 

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Yup.  Apparently he is one of the people who claimed to have ‘insider info’ that byu was going to get added to the Big 12. He has about 7 years worth of those tweets.

Red Don
          Ute Fan
          @reddon

My zoob radar is going off on this Christopher Lambert character….

“BYU Fans had a sense of humor”.

Mine’s going off too.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

The guy is 100% a zoob. He is their “insider” anytime they talk about the Big 12 wanting them. 

ladyinred
            Ute Fan
            @ladyinred

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

You just made this Mormon Ute fan blow water out his nose. Thanks for that.

MountaineerLegion
            Ute Fan
            @mountaineerlegion

The guy is 100% a zoob. He is their “insider” anytime they talk about the Big 12 wanting them.

I don’t know what a zoob is but I do know he is not “our” insider. He is highly controversial within our posting community with many believing he is just looking for attention…thus his provocative posts about you all.

shakeitsugaree
              Ute Fan
              @shakeitsugaree

Thank Jeebus you posted this – I kept thinking that there was no way the majority of WV’s fan base could take this clown seriously.

The term ‘zoob’ originated from Utah fans characterizing BYU as a ‘zoo’ where idiocy reigns: Urban dictionary definition

KiYi-Ute
                Ute Fan
                @kiyi-ute

We may need to update that definition on UrbanDictionary. It only has us as beating them 4 years in a row…

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

“Gosh” what gave it away for you?

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

I think it was his praise of BYU fans and the word gosh. And the fact he’s absolutely delusional. Buuuuuuuut, he does reflect the sentiment of some fans I have seen on the WVU fan forums.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

WV trying to sell the idea of ‘keeping him healthy’ for next year. I don’t buy it at all. If his hand is ready to go he will play.

MountaineerLegion
        Ute Fan
        @mountaineerlegion

If he doesn’t play do you have another reason than we want him to get healthy?

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Some fans say that he is going pro this year.

MountaineerLegion
            Ute Fan
            @mountaineerlegion

Word is just officially out he will be returning for his senior season. I’ve been trying to decide if that fact sheds any light on his participation in our bowl game and I can see arguments for each position. I’ll say this though, should he be able to play I think it’s at least a ten point difference in our offensive production. I’ll also say Big 12 defenses are on notice next year.

MountaineerLegion
      Ute Fan
      @mountaineerlegion

WVU two time 1000yd rusher Justin Crawford will sit out bowl game to prepare for NFL combine…ugh.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I guess that’s the price you pay for having good players. Selfishly I wish college football players couldn’t leave early, a.k.a. most of our offensive line from last year.

MountaineerLegion
          Ute Fan
          @mountaineerlegion

Agreed. I can understand a little more with running backs though. They have a very short shelf life. IIRC the average career for an NFL running back is less than 3 years.

His absence won’t hurt as much as Grier’s. We’re very deep at RB but there was a reason he was the starter.

Are you saying the majority of your line only has a year playing together? Or did they get meaningful time last year as backups?

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Not particularly. A few did, but it wasn’t as a group and it was sporadic at best.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Yes Mountaineer. Pretty much all new this season.

MountaineerLegion
              Ute Fan
              @mountaineerlegion

The reason I ask is we run an odd 3-3-5 defense. It has several advantages…

1. Most QBs haven’t seen it and that can make it difficult for them to make their reads, particularly so if we make pre-snap adjustments based on what we see from your offense.

Have you all faced the 3-3-5? I don’t know anything about your QB. Experienced/Poised? Cerebral? Goes through progressions? Pull it down and run it?

2. You can bring pressure from all kinds of odd angles so offensive lines really need to be in sync with each other on assignments.

If this was the first week of the season I’d be more optimistic about taking advantage of your line. A full season working together will definitely help but I still think we’ll confuse them a little.

I think I read that your coach has had a lot of success game planning for bowl games. I wish this game had the typical single week of preparation. A month is a long time to watch game film.

ironman1315
                Ute Fan
                @ironman1315

We’ve experienced 3/3-5 when going against bronco mendenhall BYU teams.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I really want grier to be healthy