I remember a few years ago when we played Arizona in the rain

Viewing 6 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We thought that the cold wet weather would be to our advantage.  We got stomped that day 42-10.  We were ranked 20th and played poorly the entire game.

It looks like we will be playing in the cold and rain again this Saturday.  I hope for a much better result.

2 1

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Another consequence of inept conference leadership — last Saturday was prefect weather, but we don’t get to start until the weather turns to sh**

This is also a factor in that played out in Rising’s favor

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Just wondering how this is better for Rising. Does he play better during inclement weather than Bentely?

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I assume it’s because of his running ability.

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

It’s the old adage:  “Run in rain; throw in snow.”

If it’s “wet” weather, the better runner has an edge.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Seeing the forecast, Zona ran their practices at night with the sprinklers on that week.   A fairly wet miserable night in Rice-Eccles for those of us that stuck it out until the end.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I have been at so many great Utah games. That was one of the worst

M-dash
      Ute Fan
      @mejensen

“Thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you’re at it, why don’t you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?” Miracle Max

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

I am glad you remember that, clearly it will have a major impact on Saturday’s game.  Fortunately the guys suiting up were in elemetary or middle school when it happened.  “Say friend, got any of that good sarsaparilla?”

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

We thought that the cold wet weather would be to our advantage.  We got stomped that day 42-10.  We were ranked 20th and played poorly the entire game.

It looks like we will be playing in the cold and rain again this Saturday.  I hope for a much better result.

My response…

Arizona was also a much better team in 2014 than they are now. That Arizona team won the Pac-12 South and played in the Fiesta Bowl. They won that day in the manner that they did because they simply were the much better team that day. That Arizona team was also the one who won @ Oregon, who ended up winning the Pac-12 Championship (over the same UA team) and played for the National Championship. That’s when Marcus Mariota won the Heisman. Up until the Ducks lost in the NCG to Ohio State, Arizona was their ONLY loss. It’s no shame to lose to a team as good as Arizona was that year in the manner that Utah did. The weather has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RESULT OF THE GAME. Arizona won that day because they simply were the much better team that particular season.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I remember a few years ago when we played Arizona in the rain