I Spy a New Crystal Ball Prediction

Viewing 2 reply threads

Anonymous

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Would be huge. I think highest rated prospect ever and a foundation for Coach Smith. Chandler might have been the MIP of last weekend’s recruits to visit.

Have to get my butt out to support basketball this season and beyond. Need to pull down the curtain in the HC.

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

This would just be ginormous for the program. I’ve got my fingers crossed and at the moment, everything is pointing to him coming here. I’ve read that he’s a mission kid so we’ll have to continue to recruit him through and after his mission. Some mission presidents can be…persuasive in getting kids to go to the Y. 

For reference, while I was at the U, the missionary wave happened i.e. President Monson lowered the mission age and tens of thousands of missionaries left nearly simultaneously. All 4 major universities, UofU, USU, UVU, and the TDS, saw dramatic decline in their enrollment. The universities chose not to panic because in a couple years, they’d see this wave come back and flood their classrooms. Well, fast forward 2 years and something really interesting happened: 3 of the 4 major universities saw huge increases in enrollment. The University of Utah did not. President Pershing came to the institute to formally ask why these missionaries chose not to come to the U and why the return missionaries that DID come to the U, why did they and how have they had a good experience. Really interesting. 

Anyways, I really hope this kid comes to the U. I love his game and it’d be awesome to see. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) I Spy a New Crystal Ball Prediction