I think I agree with this 100%

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

The amount of angst Carrington has caused BYU fans might be the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.  

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I find the Carrington angst so damn stupid. Suppose you got a brilliant entrepreneurial student going to a University that you use to advertise your business school, or science crap, or law school, or what have you. That kid gets caught doing everything Carrington did. Would he be kicked out of the program? No. He would not. He would get counseling. And let’s suppose he graduates and goes to another school. The admission process might be more difficult for him with interviews and such but he would still be admitted. That is no different than Carrington. Higher ed is not a right, nor is playing football a “right.”

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

The only reason they are p**sed off is because this reduces their chance of winning the rivalry game this year. Their fake outrage about the ethics of this entire issue is contrived and phony. 

They don’t care at all about the ethical aspects – none, nada, zilch, zero. They are upset because his transfer made Utah a better football team. 

I’ll say it. I don’t give a f**k about his DUI or his background. I care about his ability to play football. I value winning above all. 

LOL at douchebag BYU fans trying to claim moral high ground. They can go ahead and keep pretending like they care about the values of our university and football team, and we’ll continue worrying about winning. They are secretly jealous their lame ass honor code system prevents them recruiting as well as Utah does. 

I hope Carrington catches the game winning TD in the corner of their endzone with two seconds remaining in the game!

F**k you, BYU! Pretentious, arrogant, holier-than-thou pieces of s**t. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I don’t want him to catch the game winning TD. I want him to have 200 yards, 3 TD’s and another 54-10. Or even better, let’s beat them 66-6. Bwahahahahahaha. 

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

I want him to catch the go-ahead TD pass 2 minutes into the 1st quarter. After that everything else is gravy.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

I want Johnson to catch the go ahead Int 30 seconds into the 1st.

Puget Ute
              Ute Fan
              @pugetute

How crazy would it be to start the game 3 years in a row with a Pick-6?

ironman1315
                Ute Fan
                @ironman1315

We could give these three games a cute little name like the zoobs have for their wins. I am thinking the Pick 6-6-6 era?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Also, why is it Whitt’s job or Utah’s job to discipline him? Isn’t that what the whole point of the legal system is? If the law says he can play football, why can’t he? 

Thats what I don’t get. It’s not like he is being freed from jail every Sat morning to go play football. 

Those people are morons. 

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Seems like the discipline has already occurred. He got kicked out of a program, will pay a fine or be required to perform community service. He’s transferred to a school where his previous problems will be less likely to plague him and he has an opportunity to have some success and build his case to play in the NFL. I feel like this really is an awesome second chance. I honestly see no problem with any part of it, I’m not sure why TDS or any fan at all has a problem with it.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Because he is not on their team, that is it. I would bet a not insignificant group of Utah fans would be upset if he went to the Y, SC, ASU, or other teams we hate.

Chidojuan
              Ute Fan
              @chidojuan

We might have to name this the TDS paradox. They care about winning while not caring about winning.

ladyinred
                Ute Fan
                @ladyinred

I like this. The tds paradox. 

Stone
              Ute Fan
              @stone

I agree with ironman1315. The whining will occur to the extent a great player is on the other team that perhaps should not be playing football anymore. I know there are people that hate/obsess over TDS, but the reality is that many Utah fans would be complaining if TDS were to take somebody like Carrington. I remember many Utah fans being upset that Carrington played in the Oregon v. Utah game last year (arguing that Carrington should have been suspended for all he had done, and that Oregon only cared about winning).

I am neutral on Carrington. I am in no place to say whether he is a good kid or should be given a second chance. I am fine if the coaches do it, but I do not think that TDS is the only fanbase that is/would be upset under the circumstances.

//r00t4Utes
                Ute Fan
                @r00t4utes

Also keep in mind that if the old Oregon coaching staff didn’t get fired he wouldn’t get dismissed, on top of that this new coaching had to come in and be the disciplinarians and draw a line in the sand so to speak.

Also I will admit if somehow someway he chose to go down to TDS I would be making fun of them (not that I usually need a reason) but mostly because of who they are, who they (the fans) pretend to be. The school touts and promotes being held to a higher moral standards and the fans take that point further so because of that is why I would make fun of them.

As far as Carrington I believe some schools and coaches have earned the benefit of the doubt and the U and coach Whitt both have so I will trust them.

1 1

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

I hope someone told Carrington about the rediculously low BAC limit for DUI in Utah.

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

He doesn’t have to worry until 2018. 😉

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Well, if you are correct that TDS fans do no care actually about ethics, then it sounds like you and the TDS fans are on the same page, so at least there is some common ground there. 🙂

Personally, I love winning, but I am not in favor of sacrificing all standards for the sake of winning. I am not referring to Carrington specifically, I have no knowledge of his character. But I do not value winning above all, and I am generally sour on schools that do. I think Whit does a good job of finding a balance.

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

I’ll clarify.

I don’t give a s**t about ethics as long as we aren’t breaking laws, codes, or regulations. Picking up Carrington breaches none of these.

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Didn’t TDS-P have an Oregon transfer they were rubbing in our faces a few years ago? It’s just karma. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo I think I agree with this 100%