Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Wilkins is good. ASU is our primary competition to win the south

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

It’s very frustrating that the door is open with USC having a down year by their standards, yet we might not have the team we needed to take the south. Oline is still too young. Huntley not playing to the level he needs to. WR core fairly shaky. Special teams bad two years in a row for some reason. Defense not creating enough turnovers. And we miss two of the weakest teams in the conference on our schedule.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

I think this team is a lock for 9+ wins with an average OL. Talent and depth there across the board. Im not ready to make calls on Tyler or the WRs

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Zona, BYU and WSU look like for sure wins to me.EDIT: I forgot fUCLA.

Colorado and Usc possible.

Where are the rest of the wins coming from?

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

ASU is still an unproven commodity, much like everyone else right now. ASU will have a head-scratcher loss (or two) this year, I guarantee it. The South is still wide open. 

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

Why is ASU getting all this hype from you guys? Just because they beat Mich St….isn’t this the same team that was almost beat by USU?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Best PAC win of the season next to Colorado against Nebraska. 

5 4

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Colorado is ASU’s competition to win the South. I haven’t seen it from Utah yet. That’s not a frustrated fan talking. Our O does not look capable of doing what either of those teams have done.

2 1

User Suspended
        @a2ute

^this

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

Agreed. Utah has shown nothing to convince me that we’ll be a player in the South. That could change (and I sincerely hope it does), but Colorado and ASU look like the best in the conference right now, by a wide margin.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Colorado’s defense could make Utah’s offense look good. ASU looks like the frontrunner to me even though I think Mich St is overrated. 

KoolWhitt
            Ute Fan
            @koolwhitt

I would agree if not for the schedule.  ASU’s schedule is basically the same as ours, except they get Oregon State instead of Wazzu.  However, whereas we get Washington, USC, and Oregon at home, ASU gets ALL of them on the road.  The Sun Devils are going to take some conference losses; probably at least three.  It will be critical for us to get the tie breaker against them.

Colorado has a MUCH easier north schedule (they skip Stanford and Oregon), but they do get both USC and Washington on the road.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football i tried to tell you not enought people were paying attention to ASU