I will probably get ripped on for posting this.

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I am not trying to call anyone out and I am not a prude.  But, is all the vulgarity necessary?  Some posts all but write the words in question (you know what I mean).  I am not saying that it is always wrong.  But, it seems to be getting more and more prominent.

Just my opinion.

Go Utes – Destroy the Cougars!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

My fault. I’ll clean it up. 

mesovanhorny
      Ute Fan
      @mesovanhorny

couldn’t agree more.  the rough stuff is becoming so common now (not just on this board, by the way) that it no longer shocks or really evokes the kind of strong reaction that sued to be elicited by that kind of language.  i totally get it when it’s ABSOLUTELY necessary, but…

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I agree. I’m sure I’ve been guilty of it but I agree it’s unnecessary and off-putting. I think I’ve been a good boy lately though. 😉

Anonymous
        Inactive

It’s not you, it’s me. I have a mouth like a drunken dock worker. 

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

If we somehow blow it tomorrow I would say a case could be made for an expletive or two though. 😁

ladyinred
          Ute Fan
          @ladyinred

If we lose to tds, I will be dropping f bombs like it’s my job tomorrow.

But today is still super fetching neat because thanksgiving leftovers, amiright?

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well I doubt Utah loses so you can keep your “Lady” title. But I won’t ever be a gentleman. 

3 7

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Sorry, but sometimes its deserved.  We are all adults here, are we not?  

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

We are, but I prefer to read sentences that look like they were written by adults.  I have a pretty foul mouth in general, but I try to keep that to a minimum on here and other forums.  Yes, sometimes a good “swear” word is needed to make a point, but they definitely get overused and actual make an argument or point look weaker at times.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

There are reasons that a gentleman is esteemed more than just any normal adult.
        Of course we are all adults, and people can do what they want. And if they have no regard for how their language makes others feel, then fine.
        As for me, I know this… I swear entirely more than I should, and I’m not going to use the “we are all adults” excuse to try to justify my behavior, especially when I do my best in other aspects of my life to be gentleman-like.
        But hey, you can if you want. It’s your life.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Good topic. There have been a few “questionable” comments in the past week or two.  I usually let things slide and there are filters in most places to keep the content family or work friendly, but yeah it’s good to keep in friendly if possible. That said, some zoob trolls probably deserve it. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc I will probably get ripped on for posting this.