I wish we could run Gordon Monson out of local sports media.

Viewing 9 reply threads

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I disdain him the most for tainting the memory of my childhood hero, Karl Malone. The Mailman had his quirks, but those quirks made him stubborn and great. He gave 1000% of what he had, carried the team on his back for 18 years??? and for that IMO he, the Mailman, is like family… and you stand up for family and love them for who they are and embrace them despite their shortcomings….but not Gordon, only criticism, negative comments, and ridicule, tainting the memory of the best basketball player to play for any Utah team, thus far.

Now, I read a smug article in the Trib about how the NIT Utes need to be less excited about their recent victory over 30-5 St. Mary’s on the road and he tries to put everyone in their rightful place according to his righteous judgement. He wants to remind the Utes that their season is a failure in not making it to the TOURNEY and really this is the message he wants to tell Ute fans. Don’t enjoy the NIT, you already failed and therefore aren’t allowed to dance after an OT game against a team with a near undefeated home record. Such a Zoobie is GM.

I’ll say this. Rick Majerus had some quirks but I loved th guy, and Monson went out of his way to oust him and never made a gesture to do anything helpful. Majerus, like Malone, had quirks, but gave a TON to our community. At the end of the day, what has Gordo given? Ridicule? Hopeless negativism? controversy? judgement of others?

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Anything else to say?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Don’t read the Trib is my easy solution. Don’t listen to 1280. 

alharmon
      @alharmon

Preach!!

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

If BYU won the NIT, Gordo would write that it was a far larger achievement than Utah’s 1998 Final Four appearence and also much bigger than Utah’s 2004 and 2008 football seasons.

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

I never click on his articles. They are pure click bait garbage. Best way to get rid of a troll is to ignore him. 

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

What can you possibly expect from hack zoob writer’s because you know damn well if the tds were in the Runnin’ Utes position in the NIT, Krags and Monson would be writing how it’s basically the equivalent of what Loyola-Chicago is doing @ the NCAA Tournament and probably adding how the Selection Committee got it wrong by not including the Weak-Coasters. Monson is ‘hilarious’ but in the asinine, pathetically zoob homer-ish way. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I will just say this: I know Gordon Monson in personal life, and he’s as just as big of a douchebag in real life as he is in his professional life.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

He’s a professional troll and born to do his job. Imagine getting paid to do what you love, in his case, antagonizing Utah fans. He is paid to get noticef, not to be liked. A thread like this means more ad money and job satisfaction. Just don’t talk about him and don’t read his tripe. A guy like that will always find a megaphone. I mean, please explain how Brad Rock–a douche who actually calls himself the Rock Monster–still has a job. When Gordon does his schtick and no one hears it is when we will be free. Not before.

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

Yes just don’t click on his articles. No different than Rush Limbaugh trolling all moderate non rightwing-nut Americans. I don’t listen to Rush or click on GM

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) I wish we could run Gordon Monson out of local sports media.