I would rather never play an FCS team

Viewing 1 reply thread
      1 2

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

But, if we do schedule them, I would always play them in the first game.  It could then be used as a scrimmage and a tune-up for the season.  I do not like playing these guys in the third game.  We are playing down after playing two G5 level teams.  I do not believe this helps us get ready for USC.  We will be in for a rude awakening next week, when we experience the Trojans’ size, strength and speed.  The good news is that we should have had more time to prepare for USC.

The bad news is that we play BYU first again next year which I hate.  Oh well.  I hope we get some playing time for the 2s and 3s tomorrow.  

Go Utes!!!

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

I actually liked 2 things about playing TDS first this year.  1 was that they had all offseason with one thing in mind, beat Utah.  Grimes opened up the playbook to try to beat us, and it didn’t do any good.  We rolled right over them.  We were inevitable.  The other thing is that no matter how much they say we suck, and how much they say the Pac-12 sucks, they still lost, and we have all year to keep going back to that.  Generally I’d agree, but I think this year is working out really well.  2 tough teams, but not great teams, and a cupcake.  That gives us that much extra time to prep for SC.  Hopefully we can pull everyone by the second half and rest and fine tune to get the Trojans.  There won’t be any rude awakening.  We’ve been prepping for these guys since the beginning of the season.  Both teams are largely the same from last year.  Bring ’em on.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

That and in the last five quarters of play we’ve outscored them
        Something like 58-12.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I would rather never play an FCS team