I’d bet we see Moko out at DE this weekend.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

start Tupai, Lotulelei, Fotu and Moko. 

That’s still a damn good DL. 

If we need on player back, it’s Luafatasaga.  

Luafatasaga, Tauteoli and Barton at LB. 

Put Chase in the box. Man up on the outside. 

I like our chances. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I’ve always appreciated your analysis and predictions, you’re usually pretty spot on. 

So my question is do you think we have the depth at D Line to sustain for an entire game? Our rotation has to be affected by losing Fitts and Anae, no? 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

We NEED either Anae or Fitts back. If you had to pick someone, I’d take Luafatasaga first, Fitts second, Huntley third and Anae fourth. 

If we can get one back, we look like this:

Fitts or Anae/Tupai

Lowell/Penisini

Fotu/Pututau or Tonga

Mokofisi/Repp or Hart

If we get one back, we are fine. We just can’t lose anyone else. I don’t think one injury affects our depth much, especially because Moko is so amazing. He can play anywhere. If we miss both, then that means Repp is playing a ton, and I’m not sure he is big enough to hold the edge vs Stanford. 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Interesting…would only question his foot speed on the edge and ability to contain/tackle in space. We have plenty of depth on the D-line so could move him but man I feel like you have two All PAC Tackles on the interior…you win almost every down in the middle.  Not sure I’d want to weaken that even if slightly.  

The thing is they don’t throw it that great – 188 yds a game, so we just need someone to contain that edge and not get driven out of the C gap.  I’m not sure we necessarily need get to the QB this week vs just stopping the run.  That said, with as well as our DB’s tackle it might work.  

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Moko will be a DE in the NFL. He will be just fine for us. He is so big, mean and fast. 

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Stanford has gone from Chryst to Costello at QB. The last two games, UCLA and ASU,  Costello has been much more efficient throwing the ball than Chryst who went 9-20 against SDSU… With Love having 200+ yds/gm why throw the ball? As long as Costello is accurate on throwing downs Stanford is going to be very difficult to beat for any team.

Imagine if Troy Williams were completing 65% of his passes last year, with Joe Williams in the backfield, that’s very difficult to stop.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I agree about our DB’s. They free us up so much. We can play man on man with Blackmon, Johnson, Burgess, and Hughes. That allows us to move Chase up, play a 4/4 defense. 

We could even go four down linemen, three LB’ers, Chase and three CB’s. Or go to a 3-5 defense with three DB’s back deep. Three down linemen, Luafatasaga, Barton, Tauteoli, Chase and Hart/Repp/Thompson as a LB’er. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’d bet we see Moko out at DE this weekend.