I’d like to see pick plays done away with completely

Viewing 4 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

None of this “wr made it look like he was attempting a route” grey area. It’s so inconsistently called (which is my primary reasoning) and it’s nearly indefensible. J

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

To do that you would have to eliminate all crossing routes.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yeah and the ref in the middle of the field would need to go. I don’t mind them at all you can defend them. Sack the QB. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I’d be in favor of the opposite: Make all picks, screens, etc. legal. Only rules would be like basketball…if you’re setting a pick, you can’t grab or hold, and you can’t move your feet.

I think it would make the throw game that much more exciting, watching defenders switch and try to power through screens.

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

If you can’t beat em, join em. I’d love it if Troy Taylor has plenty of picks plays in his aresenal.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Funny, I’ve hated the opposition using them since TCU did it two or three times in the red zone.

However, I sure wish our own UTES could have pulled off about one per game in each of our losses. Especially Cal, Colorado, and Oregon. Against Washington, I’d have settled for a block in the back call on that last TD.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’d like to see pick plays done away with completely