I’d like to see us sched a home and home with Michigan state

Viewing 5 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Respected name that will probably be ranked that plays a type of ball we’ve been successful against  (run heavy line game, think stanford). I’d love to see the utes in lansing

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Seconded. 

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

That could be a good matchup. Any large midwest or east coast team that we don’t normally play would be fun. 

Anyone know why we scheduled Wyoming, btw? You’d think for a G5 game we’d at least schedule a team in a recruiting hotspot like California, Florida or Texas. Lots of G5 teams there (one reason why I like the SJSU and Fresno St. matchups). 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Sure. Works for me.

Grayshirt
      Ute Fan
      @grayshirt

I’d like to see a home and home with Nebraska.  I don’t think they’ve ever been to SLC.  I was just going to look it up on cfdatawarehouse and just found out that website is no more. 🙁  

Other teams I’d like to see in SLC are Miami (winner takes all rights to ‘The U’).  Any mid to upper SEC team.

1 3

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’d love to see UNLV and Nevada added to the PAC-12. 

Grayshirt
          Ute Fan
          @grayshirt

UNLV, Yes.  Not sure on UNR.  Maybe put in UNM instead as they would add another TV market.  Plus, I miss seeing the Utes play the Lobos in hoops.

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

This is more likely to happen too. Conference expansion is all about markets. Two teams from the same state isn’t going to happen unless they are Oklahoma & Oklahoma State or Texas & Texas Tech. 

Grayshirt
              Ute Fan
              @grayshirt

Swap out TT for Univ. of Houston.  Better TV market, Fertile recuiting grounds, travel desination.  And Kansas instead of OSU. 

UteThunder
                Ute Fan
                @utethunder

Kansas isn’t in Oklahoma. The point I was making is that Texas and Oklahoma are the only teams close enough, with enough cachet to overlook taking a second team from the same state. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

College Football Warehouse was a great resource. Sorry to hear it is gone.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

Michigan State is in a bad place right now.  I’m not sure they want any part of scheduling another OOC.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’d like to see us sched a home and home with Michigan state