if an 8 team college football playoff is coming,

Viewing 2 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Utah needs to go to the Rose Bowl soon (like next year)! 

Because you know if Utah ever qualifies for the college playoff they’ll be shipped off to the Orange Bowl to play Boise State.  Meanwhile, Florida and Penn State will get the Rose Bowl, and I’ll die a broken man.

I’m predicting next year in Santa Clara, Sioasi Mariners defender falls down and he waltzes into the endzone for the winning score.  Karma!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Nah. That won’t happen. There’s no point and no benefit of shipping teams across the country for playoff games. Out west the two playoff venues will be the Rose and Fiesta Bowls. The east will have the Sugar and Orange Bowls. Eight teams is three rounds, seven games. They’d likely add a couple of NFL venues and there you have it. 

5 2

Anonymous
        Inactive

Oh, and Mariner would have to learn to catch a perfectly thrown ball that hits him in the hands before any of that other stuff happens. 

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

That’s a good point.  If the playoff ever goes to 8 or more teams, then getting fans to travel to that first-round game might become a real issue.  I’m sure fans would rather travel to the second-round and/or NC games if their team gets that far.  

Who–besides Northwestern fans–can afford to travel to, say, Pasadena for the first-round game, Atlanta for the second-round game, and then Arlington for the championship game?

jamarcus24
          Ute Fan
          @jamarcus24

This.  If the playoff expands to more than two games it would be in the best interests for the higher seeds to be hosts.

CincyUte
            Ute Fan
            @cincyute

Or have a couple sites each host two first-round games on the same day.  Give fans the chance to see two first-round games on a single ticket…..?

Anonymous
              Inactive

Two options:

1) leave way too much money on the table, or

2) charge $1000 and up for each ticket. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

Why mess with the established rotation?  The Rose will still be the B1G/PAC12. The Sugar will still be the SEC/BigXII. The Orange will still be the ACC/At Large. The Fiesta will take up the slack. There would be some rotation but it would be minor. 

Yes, I know you’re being a smartass. I just choose to answer as though you were being sincere. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

That is a lot of travel and I don’t think it would generate enough local interest for teams to attend. The 8 game model also pushes things into what competition, the Super Bowl??  Not smart.

Anonymous
              Inactive

You could literally space two weeks between rounds and be finished by the New Year. There is absolutely no reason to wait a month before playing the first round. 

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Yeah I was thinking that is what they do. Same time good hell start paying these kids for the abuse on their bodies. 

CincyUte
            Ute Fan
            @cincyute

The problem with that is it could pit the #1 team against the #2 team in the first round.

Anonymous
              Inactive

There’s no way around that. You would always run that risk. 

CincyUte
                Ute Fan
                @cincyute

Not if you seed the teams and placed them in the bracket accordingly. That’s what they do for the FCS playoffs.

Anonymous
                  Inactive

College should just copy and paste the NFL model. It works like a charm. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

Of course some s**t for brains downvotes a completely innocuous post. 

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

Yes! Yes! Yes!  For your prediction for the next PAC-12 championshp game, for your fear of the impact on Utah of an 8 team playoff system, and for your obsession of OUR UTES in the Rose Bowl, the grand-daddy of the all.

You are a Ute Fan that has my Ute Fan values!

Go Utes!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football if an 8 team college football playoff is coming,