Go away. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

What over the fumble at the 11?

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Yes. 310# dude with tons of wrapping and padding on his hands and forearms got a case of the butterfingers because he wasn’t wearing receiver gloves.  And he got crucified for it.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Yeah.  This was way more depressing than the loss and crossed a line.  Poor guy deserves better than that.  Mr. Manyung, could I oblige you to give some of these people hell?

3 5

User Suspended
        @a2ute

I agree.  Never blame the player for any given play.

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

Yes, he screwed up on the play during a game.  If you go after players in their personal lives outside of the game then you’re a douche.

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Hard for me to believe Ute fans would stoop that low.  I could see a bunch of zoobs going after him on Twitter though.

Geez.  For a guy that just publicly stated he wouldn’t be around much, you are still pretty active on the board.

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

The play was featured on Sportscenter, wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the people attacking him were lowlifes from throughout the country.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Ironic that if he drops the pick and Washington keeps driving and scores, no one is talking about him.  Same of course goes if the offense had taken advantage and scored from the 11. 

5 4

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

No way. No excuses. We as fans need to do better and police our own better. This state has a bad reputation with our fans and it’s deserving. 

Don’t excuse this behavior or try to pretend it wasn’t fans of the team. 

Fans in this state need to quit being so garbage. It’s not funny or cute. From the Jazz and bothering opposing players to BYU fans throwing garbage at refs to how Tonga was treated. 

Its unacceptable. Don’t excuse it. 

3 4

Italy88
          Ute Fan
          @itacoatiara22

I never excused it at all.  In fact, nothing in my comments excused anything directed towards Tonga.  I agree that it is awful and nobody should have to deal with fans personally attacking them.

Exactly how I believe that you are a complete hypocrit with your Mormon bigotry, but then choose to try and be the “good guy” in this instance.  Your hiatus from the board lasted less than 24-hours.  Congratulations.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah good luck with policing social media. 

Italy88
            Ute Fan
            @itacoatiara22

Spot on. Impossible task. 

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Doesn’t surprise me one bit. Idiocy does not discriminate. Sporting events provide another outlet to idiots and amplify idiocy.

3 2

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

Have you been to UteFans.net? It shouldn’t surprise you at all.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

That’s nothing.  The Facebook groups are a thousand times worse right now, and Twitter is full of complete imbeciles.

AlohaUte
            Ute Fan
            @alohaute

True, those places are cess pools. Best thing I ever did was get off of them.

Anonymous
            Inactive

Every moran gets a microphone. 

Mr Chainsaw
      Ute Fan
      @mrchainsaw

Classic case of the G.I.F.T. 

Imagine what Kaylen Clay went through.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I just heard about this and it really upsets me. These are kids playing their hearts out for our entertainment. Attacking them is childish and cowardly. I hope Pita knows that there are far more fans that support him than people like this who claim to be fans of Utah football.

1 1

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

I really doubt it was a Ute fan. This went national so anyone can be a jerk. Fumny how you are soooo confident it is a state of Utah resident.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

The one tweet I saw (that called him ‘a f**king moron’ or something like that) was indeed a Utah fan.  The sense of entitlement in some fans is disturbing.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

We definitely agree here.  There is NO excuse to go after a player under any circumstance either in the stands or on social media.  This probably happens all over, unfortunately, but I wish we were better.

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

I also struggle to imagine it being many Ute fans that came after him. All I saw was Pita’s response to the Nottop10 post on Twitter where he apologizes the Ute fans and said he’d do better. Every single response I saw was positive and saying he made a great play. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

For a Dlineman to make that play and run is amazing. 

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

That was seriously in the Not Top Ten?!  Getting a pick and setting up your offense with great field position?  Don’t even care that he fumbled it.  If anything it should have been Browning in the Not Top Ten for trying to intentionally ground the ball and getting intercepted by a DL.  BSPN man.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Agreed.  I was livid when I heard that.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I must have missed this. Some someone attacked him personally?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Why would someone down vote this question?

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

I had to down vote you as well just so I didn’t miss out

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If any of you were some of the people that led to Tonga disabling his twitter