If I ran the Jazz:

Viewing 7 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’d trade Favors, Exum, Hood for Lillard. Then some seconds for Deron Williams. 

Lillard, Hill, DWill, Hayward, Gobert, Joe Johnson, Burks, Lyles. 

That is easily the #3 team in the NBA and with Lillard, you can beat anyone on any day. 

Lillard, Gobert and Hayward is as good a top 3 as Utah will ever get. 

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Let’s do it! There’s already a report that the Jazz are trying to get DWill back.

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

No chance.  Portland ain’t trading Lillard to a division rival.  Plus, all the Zoobs would complain that we got stupid Lillard and not Jimmer, who is tearing things up in China. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I get it. Trading Dame to Utah is a big risk. BUT, they don’t get an offer as good as what I just offered them…from anyone. 

Favors is a borderline All Star when healthy. You sit Favors the rest of the year. Get him 100% healthy. Stretch him out. Let him know that you want him to be the MAN for PDX. Remind him, that if he sits out this year, then comes back next year and gets you 18-20 points a game, 9 rebs and 2 blocks, he’d get max money from someone. 

Hood is a solid starter and fits next to McCollum perfectly. 

Exum is showing flashes. Worst case scenario, he is McCollum’s backup for a long time. Best case? He finds his groove and becomes a really, really, really good player. 

Then, by trading Dame and sitting Favors the rest of this year, PDX will tank and tank hard. There is a shot you get a top 5 pick to go along with this haul as well. 

No other trade gives PDX as much value as this trade gives them. 

I’ll even sweeten the deal:

If I’m Utah, I take Lillard and Miles Leonard. That helps Portland get rid of a bad contract. I send them back Favors (borderline All Star if healthy, if not, he clears 11 million after next season), Hood (good starter), Exum (still has an amazingly high ceiling) and Diaw (can clear 7.5 million after this year). 

So, if you are Portland, by doing this trade, you have a kid with all star potential in Exum (who may or may not get there), a PF that is a borderline All Star who is a top 5 defensive big (Favors), a solid starter in Hood, AND you clear up 20 million dollars off your cap next season. 

Porland would be crazy to NOT make this trade. 

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

Portland has made Lillard the face of their franchise, not to mention it looks like he’s going to be a superstar for the next decade plus. They’d need more than Favors/Exum/Hood to part with him.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Rumors are they are taking calls for Lillard. PDX feels that McCollum can be Lillard and McCollum is cheaper. 

Look at what Sac got for Cousins. I get that Cousins has issues, but so does Lillard. Lillard isn’t as bad as Cousins, but he isn’t Gordon Hayward either. 

I don’t see how PDX gets a better offer than Favors, Exum, Hood. I’d even toss in draft picks and help Portland clear cap space as well. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

That’s an awfully lot to give up.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Not really. Favors health uncertainty and trending bad health along with Exum (Unknown) and Hood trending inconsistent health for a certain product in Lillard or even McCollum is worth it IMHO.

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

The Jazz would take that trade in a second.

Tacoma Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tacomaute

Yep but I don’t see Portland even thinking about it.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

BUT, and hear me out here, if Portland is going to move Lillard to rebuild, who gives them a better deal than that? One top 5 defensive big that can score 20 a night, a top 5 pick from two seasons ago, who still has a ton of potential, a solid starter in Hood, AND 20 million in cap space. 

Who beats that for Portland? 

noneyadb
              Ute Fan
              @noneyadb

This team just needs to stay healthy.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Looks like the deadline has come and gone. Nothing happened.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I would have traded a first round pick and a second rounder for Delon.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Mavs have told DWill that they will pay off the rest of his contract if he wants to be a free agent. He’s reportedly considering the Jazz, Cavs and Hawks.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA If I ran the Jazz: