if there is one negative i will take from last night

Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

its that both of our punts came on fourth and 2 in plus territory. barf. if whit is going to adjust his “take the points” situations, ok, but this “give the ball away instead of doing points” thing is a disappointing digression 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

44 points and a whole bunch of rushing TDs against the #1 run defense in the conference. We punted because we didn’t need to score to win that game.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

just because it worked doesnt mean it was the right decision

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I had mixed feelings but felt that the punts were the right decision.

My only negative from Saturday night was the 4th down defense.  It was bad.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Utah needs to fix the punt team execution. The Rising punt play is not going to work when the Utes are 4th and 10 deep in their own territory. Could see it again in similar scenarios with a lot of fake options with Rising back there.

Agree, 4th down defense was shakey. UCLA had no choice playing catch up close to mid field especially with Utah grinding time on long drives. Utah played to keep the ball in front of them and not give up the big play. Interesting how the stats are very similar in this game until you look at run yardage for Utah. Crazy how Utah’s offense completely dominated UCLA on the ground. Did not see that coming.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football if there is one negative i will take from last night