If you go position by position where does BYU have an advantage?

Viewing 4 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

The only group I see as better would be Linebacker. With Blair and Hansen as hybrids it is a wash. 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

O-line maybe? 

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Obviously not against our d-line, but compared to our o-line. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I don’t follow their team or know enough to say. One talking head says QB because of experience.  Huntley has played one game and what’s his name many more. Maybe there’s something to that but tell that to Brett Ratliff.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I want to agree with you across the board. But I think the only positions I could definitively say would be RB, Punter, WR (Carrington) and D-Line. I really don’t think we’ve seen nearly enough of this team to make a solid analysis.

This weekend will be a good litmus test: first road start for new QB in a hostile environment, a physical D-Line to test our O-Line, and a QB who has been known to sling some Hail-Marys (albeit to 6’6” receivers that he no longer has).

I’m confident that we walk out with a win, but I hope our guys are prepared and play disciplined, assignment-sound football. We’ll need it.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I don’t think anywhere:

QB: Mangum is no Troy Williams and Troy is our backup. 

RB: Same here. No one breaks the top two of Utah’s RB, top three if you include Shyne.

WR: Bwahahahahahahaha. No. 

TE: Bushman has potential, but as of today, he’d be third string in Utah. 

OL: BYU’s tackles are terrible, their best OL was recruited with Jake Heaps and Koroma is too small. Give me Utah and Harding and it isn’t close. 

DL: Ha ha. Don’t insult me. I don’t know if BYU has a player that makes Utah’s three deep. 

CB: BYU’s CB’s would be good safeties at Utah. None of their CB’s make our two deep as CB’s. 

S: Nope. Warner and Lake would make Utah’s two deep as safeties…maybe. But BYU’s safeties suck. 

K: Nope. Gay has shown more already. 

P: he ha. 

That leaves LB. Bernard is their best safety. Warner has disappeared this year. If I were to two deep the LB’ers for the state, I’d start Luafatasaga and Bernard with Warner and Tauteoli as the backups. Seeing how Bernard is suspended…

I’d say LB is either a wash or slight advantage Utah. 

BYU has a talent issue. Big time. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo If you go position by position where does BYU have an advantage?