If you’re on the fence about the Rose Bowl consider these things.

Viewing 2 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

With the BCS the Rose Bowl became slightly less important but still the premier Bowl game.

With the CFP the Rose Bowl became a little less important in the grand scheme of things.

Once the CFP expands to 8 or 12 teams the Rose Bowl will lose almost all semblance of being the Granddaddy of them all. They’ll probably still have the Rose Parade, and still play the game, but it will no longer be the premier bowl game. It will lose it’s lustre and in 10-20 years will be just a small notch above the other CFP games. However that would require the Rose Bowl Committee to put in a lot of work and effort to keep the traditions alive.

As I read the OSU boards they don’t see the Rose Bowl as quite the prize it used to be EVERY year. 

I am very happy Utah made the Rose Bowl now instead of in two, three or more years. We are one of the last teams/fans to enjoy the Grandaddy of them all before it loses much of its prestige and becomes closer in stature to the other NY6/CFP games.

WSU last played in the Rose Bowl in 2003

UCLA in 1999

ASU in 1997

Oregon State in 1965

Cal in 1959

Oregon, UW, Stanford and USC have all played in the past 6 years.

And Arizona has never played in the Rose Bowl. (Colorado neither, but they haven’t been in the league as long as Arizona)

GO UTES!!!!!

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being Savage Ute fan in the streets of Old Pasadena. 

Just be safe and don’t get too wasted. Los Angeles can send you into the ocean if you don’t have your bearings.

Remember to wait about an hour after the game to hit your car alarm. As many will do within the first hour after. Pretty creepy. 

Just slow your way out to the golf course if you’re parked out there. Total chaos after the game.

Calgradutedad
      Ute Fan
      @calgradutedad

You totally nailed it. Cal fan since birth. Utah fan since sending my son to college there and we go to a couple of games a year to see him in the band. One side of my grandparents graduated from Utah in the 1930s. It’s nice to be able to attend one of the last ones that matter. With a 12 or 16 game playoff there likely won’t be a pac 12 vs big 10 matchup Rose Bowl in the late 20s so good to good one of the last traditional ones. Even now Utah doesn’t get to face the top team from the Big 10.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football If you’re on the fence about the Rose Bowl consider these things.